Originally Posted by dromeda
Here's what my haynes manual says (I would also be interested in what the FSM says too if anyone has it...):
1) Tighten to 37 ft-lbs in star pattern starting from the center
2) Loosen half a turn in reverse star pattern
3) Tighten to 37 ft-lbs in star pattern
4) Tighten 1/4 turn in star pattern
5) Tighten 1/4 turn in star pattern
Doesn't really give a final torque but 44 seems ball parkish.
Dont do the star pattern, do what the manual says as far as the head bolt numbers go, this is very important!