Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Yellow Blaze Pictures

59K views 243 replies 72 participants last post by  Twenty 
#1 ·
You know the drill, post pictures of your Yellow Blaze 3rd-gens!

See less See more
#4 ·
Besides the sport and winter package (I could tell), what other options did you get with your car?
It originally came with just those as options. After the purchase, I then added a few more factory options like rear mats, locking lug nuts, and mudflaps.

#18 ·
My Yellow Blaze Focus

I bought my Yellow Blaze Focus ( Hatchback SE, w/sport , 5 Speed, 201A and Winter Packages ) on New Years Eve and picked up on Jan 3rd. At first I was really apprehensive about getting this color ( not even factoring the extra $495 increase on the MSRP for Yellow Blaze) and even my kids were teasing me about the it but I really wanted Hatchback SE, w/sport & 5 Speed and this was the only one in the area so I decided to go for it. One of the best buying decision I ever made ! I love the car and the color ! I get tons of complements on the car and the color. I sold my 2007 Honda Accord ( SE w/5 speed) which was also a great car too to get the Focus. The Focus is hands-down better than in many ways (gas mileage, fun-factor, newer technology, driver comfort, versatility w/hatch) than the Honda. I got ~1300 miles on the car now and have progressing getting better MPG with every filled (first fill 34+, second 35+, third 36+, ~37 current tank) with about 50% highway driving but I try to be light on the pedal and keep highway speeds below 65. I have had zero problems or complaints so far. As a comparison, I was getting about 32 MPG on my Honda Accord ( 4 cyl w/ 5 speed). I took off the stock 16" alloy and tires ( they stink in the snow - I live in Rochester, NY) and have Michelin X ice tire with alloy rims see pics I got from Discount Tires ( great place to work with). Also wanted to mention the dealer I purchased the car from is Van Bortel Ford in Rochester, NY, was great to deal with. Great price right from the beginning, no games or high pressure, no unwanted add-ons or surprises ! They also have been carrying a large inventory of 5 speed manuals which it sounds like is a rarity. I hope my Focus will be as reliable as my Accord in the long run. I am considering getting a Ford extended warranty just in case since I really want to keep this car until at least 100K miles. The only suggestions for improvements are another gear ( 6 speed), USB jack or MP3 jack in center console and better speakers ( for listening to the news, sound is kind of muffeled), a little more storage option/area.

#22 ·
^^ Nice. [:D]

I just got mine (hand) washed after two months of buzzing around city and country roads. (Can't do it myself, as there's no spot for cleaning in my apartment complex.) It still looked great even with a light covering of dirt.

Little bit of content, another pic of my (already posted) YB:

#26 ·
How about all black painted 17s? [hihi]

And a little hood spice, with the blacked out front grille.

And some sugar on the tail, with custom yellow painted license plate cover, chrome turns, and muffler delete.

#25 ·
haha yea, i am actually about to order some with a yellow pinstripe on them that i will repaint with the yellow blaze paint to match if its too far off

but i like the simplicity of the wheel.... lucky for me here in clarksville, tn i dont need to worry bout having a winter/summer set of wheels

#29 ·
RKZX2, WOW! I LOVE your car!

Looking at all the pictures on this thread, it is so interesting how different the color looks in different lighting. It is a beautiful color, but I still love my sterling gray!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.