Focus Fanatics Forum banner

(R.I.P.) Thread (devoted to Foci that have left us)

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  BWM2006ZX3 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just something i would like to try out.

A thread for "Wrecked" Foci

I have been seeing more and more threads about some crashes that have happened. Lets put all of out unfortunate accidents in one place.

Add a little/brief story about how it happened. :/

All go first:

2004 ZTS 2.3l PZEV Rolled
I was going around a blind corner which looked like it might go directly straight but instead went in a different direction. Only rolled once after hitting a curb. Its not all that bad of an accident but everything is all good!

On to the pics!

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes :/ most depressing but we can be strengthened to move on!!! [thumb]

Yes totaled. When the front pillars were crushed it was deemed Totaled.
It may have been rebuilt but i believe the engine was stripped out and sold.
Three weeks after the accident the 2.3L PZEV was on CL from the same
Salvage yard that the car was at... [bigcry][facepalm][80?]

#4 ·
Looking at those photos makes me so incredibly grateful that my car only rolled onto its side and then went back onto its wheels, rather than a full rollover. Lady Luck was with me that day! I'm pretty sure it would've been totaled otherwise.

Sorry for the loss. Especially bad since it was a 2.3. Glad you're okay though. When did it happen?

#9 ·
Happened good Friday of 2011... Car had 108k.

This might be a stupid questions, but how did your air bags not go off?
This is going to be a great thread! Especially to know how many people have wrecked a focus and how the car has saved their lives.
Airbags, drive and passenger, only go off with front and rear end collisions. The front and rear weren't hit.

Side curtain air bags weren't an option for my car that year i don't believe.

#5 ·
This might be a stupid questions, but how did your air bags not go off?
This is going to be a great thread! Especially to know how many people have wrecked a focus and how the car has saved their lives.

#12 ·
Because where the from airbag impact sensor is, nose of the car is untouched and didn't initiate.

I have photos for this thread, but I can't post them right now.

#14 ·
My beloved '04 Powerworks SVT #0602

Won November 2010 ROTM
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244273

Scroll down for November 2010 ROTM "why I love my focus"
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22039&page=2

On Labor Day 2011 (haven't shared anything about the accident because I was too upset about it, even during the part out), I avoided a crotch rocket that cut me off. Braked hard (snapped my rotor in half), hit the curb and did 2 360's into the median and hit a tree backwards.

The exterior doesn't look bad, all the damage is underneath, and the trunk had a pretty good crease in it from the hard hit. $15,000 in damages. Bought it back from the insurance and parted everything out including the Powerworks. Even shipped my sunroof to the North Pole Alaska so a member could get his svt back on the road!

My replacement: 2002 SVT #0186 (bought Oct 2011 with 8,800 miles, currently has ~15,000) Repaired the rare Volk rims as seen below and put the old bumper from my totaled car with the #0602 build sticker :)

That wasn't so bad, actually kinda therapeutic :sniff:

-Jen

#17 ·
I actually still have the mid wing available. It didn't sell in the part out. PM me if you're interested.

i looooove Focus311's tires! I run the same ones in summer. its sad to see cars go. :/
Thanks, I love those BFG kdw2 myself[thumb] Yep, sad but glad everyone is ok.

#18 ·
2003 Red ZX5 SVT

Oct 2010.. On my way home from work and the car in front of me came to a stop, so being a sane person I came to a stop behind it.. then the ass clown behind me in a F-150 ass packed me real hard.

Doesn't look like much but it pushed the whole ass end in and the spare tire well was jacked up and all that.. I had a sad

Still miss her

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.