Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2006 @70k

982 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  05focusST91 
#1 ·
Hey everyone so my 06 just hit 70k miles :/. So far car has ran real good I always change oil on time with ford motor craft synthetic blend, I've done two fuel filter changes, I had my coolant flushed, new spark plugs, and I think that's about it. I usually run mid grade chevron gas. Anyway I want to see my at last as long as possible. Anything I need to be thinking of replacing in te near future? Is mid grade gas ok to use? Thanks!

#3 ·
It's a manual 2.0. Also I replaced the stock suspension with a ford racing lowering kit awhile back but the kit was used when purchased so I figure still my suspension will need replacing somewhat soon

#4 ·
for suspension, look up this part #- M18000ZX3B

I used that on my 06 zx4 a couple months ago, it has everything except springs, which you have FRPP springs and would just keep using those.
Struts, mounts, boots, spring isolator metal disc things, nuts & rear shocks. YOu will need an alignment after, so if you REALLY want you could also replace the tie rod ends since you're in there and will get an alignment anway.

Maybe pick up some new swaybar endlinks from Rockauto, the moogs are nice.

Other than that, nothing really to mess with until brakes wear out.

#5 ·
Wow that does look like a great package! How's the quality though? And could I run like h&r springs on that? (Thinking of replacing my springs as well). What about a power sterring fluid flush? My dealership reccomended it last time I was in

#6 ·
Quality? It's OE ford parts. I'm quite pleased with it, picked mine up from Tousley ford shipped to my door. I'd buy it again if I need to.
I reused my stock springs, because it's my beater/commuter. The thought had crossed my mind for some lower springs, but I passed.
I also did my control arms/balljoints at the same time, the moogs from Rockauto, they're 40-50 a piece.

#7 ·
Ya. I am not really familiar with what control arms and ball joints are!? Also what are sway bar end links? I don't have any aftermarket sway bars or anything down there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.