Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - PCV valve location?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 109288
Location: Springfield, MO
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX4 ST

Posts: 32
Points 366, Level 7
Points: 366, Level: 7 Points: 366, Level: 7 Points: 366, Level: 7
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 GUM85 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry PCV valve location?

I know this subject has probably been covered already but I've searched all over and can't seem to find an answer. I need to know where the PCV valve is located on my 2002 Focus LX with the SPI engine. I'm having rough idle issues and suspect this might be the problem considering a lot of people seem to have the rough idle issue and the hose coming from the PCV valve are known for collapsing or getting holes in them. There is a little valve on the top back of the valve cover at the top of the engine that twist in and out of the valve cover. Is that it? I've been reading that it's located on the back of the engine below the valve cover but I think that's only on the Zetec engines not the SPI. Any help (and possibly pictures) would be greatly appreciated. This rough idle is really starting to get on my last nerve

GUM85 is offline  
    Reply With Quote