Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Has anyone painted the stock Hella headlights?

5K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  JuStIc3 
#1 ·
I am considering cracking the chromed out stock headlights open and painting them black. Has anyone done this on the stock Hella lights? Im sure my wife will love the headlights in the oven lol

#8 ·
Dooo it. It's not that bad actually, just takes patience. It helps to have a spare set of lights so you can proceed with the project at a leisurely pace, especially during the painting process. Otherwise a full weekend should be doable to allow for dry times.

#12 ·

Not the best pic but they turned out pretty good. Relatively easy project. The only issue i have now is I noticed the lens has some really small cracking now that might have been from the oven.

I also NightShade'd my tail lights and the side blinkers. Now I just need that Eurogrille to show up in the mail!

#13 ·
Its definately a must-do project if you have a black or dark car. I don't have any pics of mine, but i took my machs apart and painted the entire chrome piece gloss black to match my black svt. Its the best looking mod I've done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.