Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #1794
Official Ford Rep
Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 4,359, Level 42
Points: 4,359, Level: 42 Points: 4,359, Level: 42 Points: 4,359, Level: 42
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 45%
Activity: 45% Activity: 45% Activity: 45%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Originally Posted by billm-i View Post
I have the same issue and it has not gone away...
Originally Posted by onequicktang View Post
...This is an on going unresloved issue so far...
Originally Posted by Cphipps88 View Post
...Im taking it to my dealership today with the horrible shuddering from a complete stop to the grinding...
Originally Posted by Tamsynn View Post
I have over 20,000 miles on my 2012 focus and have all the same problems. Problem is, the car only does it when I am driving...
I’m sorry for missing the updates on this thread, guys. I want to offer my assistance by arranging calls from your regional customer service managers. So I can do this, please send me a PM with your full name, approximate mileage, best daytime phone number, dealer name/state, and VIN.

Originally Posted by hound View Post
So got a new trans Put in runs fine.they say it's an updated part.i hope it stays this good forever
Posts like this make me very happy, hound.

Originally Posted by dmortonkingston View Post
...If anybody wants pictures of the inside of my tranny I will happily email them or will try to figure out how to post them tomorrow.
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
...The Focus is otherwise a spectacular car, and if this updated part resolves the issue then it makes the car so much better in return...
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
...if you read over all the posts here, you can find details about that and all the other fixes being applied by ford.
Originally Posted by magnumea View Post
...I found out if I let off the brake and wait just a second for the computer to engage the clutch to prevent rollback and then push the gas, it takes the jerking out. Everything is fine now.
Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
...I figured out early on that if I take my right foot off the brake and let it start to creep before pressing the gas like you would drive a manual it is very smooth...
dmortonkingston, unfocused1, mr_cassandra, magnumea, & Diamondback,

It’s awesome to see all the great help!

Also, a big “welcome” goes out to the newcomers on the forum.

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply