Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #9
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast
Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)

ELECTRIC POWER STEERING SUCKS. The technology is not refined enough.

Cars should be getting easier to drive, but with my focus, it is a CHORE to drive. I am constantly making the SMALLEST corrections to the wheel in order to literally not crash. It is worse on some roads than others. I pay close attention to other cars driving and they are driving perfectly straight, unlike mine who is zig zagging between the lane because it just won't drive straight.

I drive the same roads every day, and I drive them with my companies previous generation focus, and that focus drives straight as an arrow.

This is obviously a problem with the technology if Kia and Hyundai's are experiencing the same thing.

Electric steering takes all the feel out of driving and being connected to the road.

The Good
-Great styling inside and out.
-Drives very sporty on curvy roads.
-MFT for me works perfectly, never had any issues, and the latest update is the best so far.

The Bad
-A few rattles from the dash now that it is cold out.
-Driving in snow is a bit tricky.

The Ugly
-the sad excuse for Ford service departments
-The joke which is Ford Representatives.

I do not understand how I went to 4 different dealers all who originally said my alignment was good after a test drive, then when put on the rack, it was off. After being corrected, go to a different dealer and the alignment is still off.

Do they know what they are doing? It does not seem like it.

I was a die hard Ford fan, owned 2 Ford's before this and my family has also owned many Fords.

Before anyone says "SHOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT A FIRST YEAR CAR" I call bullshit. My family has owned 3 first year redesigns, 2 Ford's, one kia all without any issue.

This Focus has been in the shop more times than all of my families cars COMBINED. and still without resolution.
Mods: Drop in K&N filter, Steeda RSB, MS3 RMM, Remote start, Llumar tint, Ti engine cover, Husky floor mats, OEM splash guards