Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Apples and Oranges - New Car Feedback Wanted
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #20
I don't care
Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: '99 Saab 9-3

Points 7,129, Level 55
Points: 7,129, Level: 55 Points: 7,129, Level: 55 Points: 7,129, Level: 55
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Well I'm not a fan of the wheels that come with it, and it still doesn't sit as low as I'd like. If you get a base model, you already have your snow wheels, just need tires. Then buy whatever summer set you like, and lower it.

$2k for performance package
$1k for a full snow setup?

$500 for snow tires. and leaves you $1500 towards a summer setup of your choice, and lowering it. That's not counting that you could get a couple hundred at least for the stock all seasons that are brand new.
While not a huge fan of the wheel appearance itself, it's far more than a tire/wheel package. Revised stability control programming with the ability to turn it completely off, uprated f/r stabilizer bars, uprated front spring rates, 3.31 lsd (vs 2.73 lsd), upgraded calipers and pads f/r, strut tower brace, and with the Premium an engine cover.

Granted, it may need a drop but that is fairly easily addressed and 17" take offs seem to be plentiful as a winter solution.

Originally Posted by 04ZTSJelf View Post
I would go with the WRX, but thats my taste. I dig hatches. I just think it would be easier to live with, cheaper on insurance, and attract less police attention.
Certainly more practical, and I think I may miss that, though I've had sedans before. I have ran insurance quotes on several vehicles - the Mustang was actually less costly than a WRX. I'd get white on either, so hopefully not too much of a police magnet

Originally Posted by calebstubstad View Post
v6 mustangs are almost as bad as the mustang II in my opinion

Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Yeah so not cool that they can run 12s with just bolt ons, and still get pretty much 30 on a highway trip...

There's the door -----> GTFO.
'14 Mustang V6 Prem. Perf. Pkg