Originally Posted by Focuslu86
the car doesnt overheat all the time, when i drive it its fine! it overheats when i am stuck in traffic and as soon as i hit the gas and go, the temp gauge goes back to normal!
This is true with most cars. They will operate OK about 90% of the time without symptoms with no fans. The thermostat is running wide open and trying hard to maintain proper coolant temps with inadequate air flow. It's the other 10% of the time that leads to engine and A/C system failures where the caqr is moving under 30 MPH, sitting at stoplight or running in traffic with poor air flow. Are you lucky? Russian roulette doesn't always lead to death, but that's no reason to play. Any time the temp is temporarily above normal the head gasket and aluminum engine is being tortured. You are taking life out of your motor when driving it with no fans. Actually the other part of your car that you are torturing is your radiator. It has plastic tanks with synthetic seals that can't take that heat for long. Without fans the hot soak issues and elevated pressures are abusing your radiator, hoses and heater core.