Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #1929
Focus Addict
Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Despite the noise from the half shaft. I mean even though it sounds similar to the clunk. The fact remains IMHO, that my dealership temporarily fixed my issue 100% for the brief 10k miles before the noise came back. As far as I know they did not replace anything to do with the half shafts, CV joints, etc. Only the Springs, Bearings, Top plate, bolts, etc. So I think were barking up the wrong tree by considering its CV/Shaft related. Obviously the noise has to be related to one of the parts replaced.

Has anyone had a close look at the dust boot on the strut? Is it pretty soft material or thick plastic that could be binding up? I recall in this thread that someone once applied a Bunch of Lithium grease somewhere on the dust boot (maybe up top) and it resolved the clunk until the grease dried up. Hmmmmm
2012 FF Ti HB Platinum White Tricoat, Built 12/11, 401A + Parking Technology Package and MFT w/NAV at 3.5.1