Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Weather Stripping Issues
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Focus Addict
Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

Points 4,394, Level 42
Points: 4,394, Level: 42 Points: 4,394, Level: 42 Points: 4,394, Level: 42
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Weather Stripping Issues

Problem: I have noticed that I am getting a LOT of wind noise while driving 55+ mph in my car lately. I know the culprit is the weather stripping because when I pull on the door handle the noise stops almost entirely. The weather lately hasn't been too kind and I think the high temp for the week was about 7* above zero so there is almost no moisture in the air.

Possible Solution:I am thinking if I use Sil Glyde or 303 Products Aerospace Protectant it might give me a better seal and help expand the weather stripping because of the added moisture but I really don't know. Is the weather stripping on the MK2 junk or should I try one of the products I listed above?

If there is no hope: Lets say the weather stripping on the MK2's is junk and nothing will stop the wind from howling, are there any options for a better aftermarket weather stripping for our cars?

Sorry in advance if this is a REpost, I remember seeing something about this in a different thread but I couldn't seem to find it using the search tool.

Thanks for all the help folks!

If you can't wear it out, burn it off
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.