Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 04 SVTF: What is this part called?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Dat boxer rumble
ViperThreat's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Fan#: 66026
Location: Concord, CA
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

Posts: 3,399
Points 7,935, Level 59
Points: 7,935, Level: 59 Points: 7,935, Level: 59 Points: 7,935, Level: 59
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 9 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Thermostat housing.

This leak is common, it comes from a plug on the bottom front that doesnt quite seal right. You can get a viton o-ring that will fix the issue, or you can call steve at Tousley Ford and he will hook you up with a contour housing. Its about $50 but it replaces the whole housing and fixes the problem.

Link for your reference:

Fixed the coolant leak today, pics

They're Viton -203 Viton O-Ring, 75A Durometer, Black, 5/16" ID, 9/16" OD, 1/8" Width.
Moderator For: Socal Fanatics | SVT Focus | Mk1 Focus | Audio & Electronics | General Chat

"Ford Focus ST - the official car of message-board circle-jerks"
-Regular Car Reviews
ViperThreat is offline  
    Reply With Quote