Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 Focus - delivery car

4K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  johnofarch14 
#1 ·
I drive a 2012 Focus for use as a delivery car, bought in Sept of 2012, it now has 105,650 miles on it.
The transmission was terrible till 85K then it seemed to straighten out(go figure) at 105K it needed a rear wheel bearing and hub. Otherwise we do regular maint, 50/50 syn blend as recommended, every 5-6K. We are on its second set of tires. The car still gets 35mpg.
The car is terrible in the snow, a combo of fwd and wide tires, these cars should be awd. MJEFF

#6 ·
That's a lot of miles, more than the previous highest I'd heard of with over 50k, but that was a 5MT.

Even at the best case scenario (lowest # of miles/ day) of starting at 9/1/12 that was still over 771.2 miles/ day to today.

#20 ·
For reasons unknown, the marbles in a tin can shifting went away at 7,000 miles with a mix of city and highway. Got a rattle underneath the car but I don't think it's the trans. Shifts smoothly without all the past problems of slipping, shudder, or ill timed shifts. Weird but I'm not complaining. Had the last 12b something update about 12 months ago.

#25 ·
OOPS, sorry for a misleading statement, the car was bought by my company in Sept 2011,(2012 model year) They actually bought 3 white Focus's with in 3 months, as we have logo's that go on the side.
Yes, it needs snows but they are not going to spend the $$$ outfitting all the cars. We did have a Toyota Matrix with awd, that was a good car in the snow. Switching tires on various cars that are on the road every day would be a nightmare.
No way should Ford be having trans issue's with out some solution, other than reprograming. MJEFF

I can say that the engine in this car has good power and good economy. I have been in touch with the shop that services my car, trying to keep up with future maintenance items. I believe this car has a chain for the timing instead of the rubber belt.
Most of our current cars have 180+ and thus we are replacing them with new Fords.

#26 ·
Most of our current cars have 180+ and thus we are replacing them with new Fords.
Are they Foci? That would be a ringing endorsement of the Focus if your company has put 100k on 3 of them and has decided to purchase more.

Can you also clarify:
1) How many miles did the OEM tires last?
2) Any other major repair items on any of the 3 Foci besides the hub you mentioned?
3) Any sign of the clutches wearing out in your DCT?

Thanks for sharing, it gives us the warm and fuzzies. [cheers]

#27 ·
We need more updates and details. :) i do deliveries too average of 180 miles a day. So far i already got 5000 miles in a month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.