Fuel filter and pump replaced. Fuel pressure was abysmal before, it's optimal now. Filter was likely original (135k miles!) and pump was full of crud. Car will start now, and may run well for 5-10 seconds, then falls on its face and stalls. Seems to do better with throttle applied. (This is what shop told me, haven't driven it myself.)
They're stumped, and I told them not to throw parts at it, I'll just take it home and try to figure it out myself. I think it's drivable at this point.
Still to check:
- Vacuum leaks, I checked the easy ones, haven't gotten to all of them yet. Shop wanted $80 to do a smoke test. Eff that.
- Coil pack pigtail wiring.
- MAF sensor. Don't want to replace it if I don't have to, they're surprisingly expensive.
- Dump some Heet in the tank, possibly due to water in gas.
- Try to return to stock tune, reset ECU by removing negative cable. Perhaps ECU is confused with a properly operating fuel system?
- Send a datalog out to Tom, maybe he can see something I can't.
Any other suggestions..?