Looking for opinions on how to further improve handling
I am looking for people opinions on what would be the best way to increase the handling performance of my car. The car is daily driven however I am looking to do something to increase the fun in the corners for the occasional spirited driving session with friends and the even more occasional track time I might see in the future.
The car / engine:
2002 ZX3 – 2.0 litre zetec with JRSC BBK installed with full exhaust and WMI.
Handling and suspension parts already installed:
- SPAX RSX coilovers;
- Eibach front and rear sway bars;
- Focuswerks front upper, front lower and rear strut brace; and
- The car is currently sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara wheels (17x7) and Bridgestone RE760 tyres.
Thoughts I have had so far to improve handling:
- Install front a rear camber and toe adjustment parts and get a track orientated alignment.
- Upgraded front lower control arms (ie. Dominant or CFM’s).
- Full poly bushing kit.
- I know this won’t get me through or out of corners faster but upgrade to SVT brakes.
If anyone has an opinion to what would best progress the handling ability of the car out of the above options or something I haven't considered I would love to hear it. I am leaning toward the LSD however given the cost involved I was just wondering if there were any other options that would provide a noticeable handling improvement that might be easier to install and a little more cost effective.
Last edited by mj22; 01-13-2013 at 08:20 PM.