Originally Posted by oritpro
v3.5.1 has been nothing but trouble. While several problems were fixed, annoying new problems were introduced.
Example, on my way to work this morning while listening to Sirius/XM I hit the voice command switch and...
Me - "fm"
MFT - "For your safety that device has been disabled"
I've had this one twice. Not trying to go to FM though. Once trying to bring up the weather map and once trying to make a phone call. Same thing though, telling me for my safety some functions are disabled while driving (phone calls and weather map, hmmmm, strange, they both typically work while moving at other times).
Other things that have crept in:
Had to run to the store a few days ago and wanted to hear the song "Quite Unusual" by Front 242. It went:
"Play song Quite Unusual"
"Please choose" followed by a list of four songs that looked like:
1 <song title> - U2
2 <song title> - U2
3 <song title> - U2
4 <song title> - U2
"None of those"
"Play song Quite Unusual"
again a list of four song titles all followed by "- U2"
This went on for 10 minutes and every song title on list after list was followed by "- U2". Almost all of the song titles it brought up were not even by U2 (and none of them were "Quite Unusual") but it put U2 after every one. It was really hung up on U2. Went in to the store, got a few things, left and headed home. Tried again (and again and again and again) on the way home and same thing, always a list of titles followed by U2. Never even got the actual song title to come up for the drive to or from the store. The next morning I got in and headed off to work and for fun tried "Play song Quite Unusual". Bing, command accepted and it played the song first try. No hassle.
It also now just starts indexing at random times. Sometimes I get in and start up and it is indexing, even though the iPod has been left plugged in unchanged and indexing had already completed. No reboot has occurred either while the car was off. Sometimes I'll be driving, using voice commands and playing music and 15, 20 25 minutes or so into my drive it just goes into indexing for no reason. Working fine up to that point but it just goes to indexing. Again, no crash/reboot has occurred. It just does it for no reason.
Speaking of indexing I've also found that when it legitimately has to index again, after I make changes or run a delayed reboot, if I have my map screen up it will take about 2 and a half to 3 hours total drive time to complete indexing/voice commands. If I leave it on the home screen the entire process completes in just about 20 minutes. Tested this several times and always the same result.
Two other new things, and I don't know if they are related to the update install:
IA just plain doesn't work about 10% of the time anymore. I have had an occassional problem where I would have trouble unlocking it with either front handle but the back handles always unlocked it no problem, no issue. It also always locked no problem, no issue when I touched the pad. Now it just does nothing. Won't unlock when I use any of the handles and won't lock no matter how many times I touch the pad. Have to fish the fob out of my pocket and lock or unlock using the fob buttons.
About 50% of the time now if I am driving and it starts raining and I have to turn the wipers on (fully on, not rain sensing), the headlights will not come on even though it is on "auto". No matter how long the wipers have been on the headlights will not kick on. I have to go and change it from "auto" to "on" physically to get headlights. The other 50% of the time it works fine, I turn the wipers on and several seconds later the headlights kick on.
Again, not sure if the last two are related but it seems awfully coincidental that these issues that never existed before would suddenly appear after an update was done.