Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Security Lock-box for a Focus.....56K friendly.

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Nickgt40 
#1 ·
I post photos of 100k or less, so everyone can view them.

Here's my final design, and location for the thing. It's a little lock box for mechanics to attach to a drawer of a tool chest. You can store your wallet and other stuff in it while you're working, leaving the tool chest unlocked.

Basically that's about the same use for it here. It's 10"x5"x 1 1/2". My Baretta fits in it, as well as my Panasonic......with room to spare. With the seat pushed backward, it's completely out of sight. I think I can mod the seat slightly with a hidden pin.....so the seat will lock pushed back. The box would be next to impossible to access that way.

The floor pan is clear of stuff in this location..... just screw it down, with the screws inside the box. The thing could be mounted in a number of places.....this one seems to be ideal.

See less See more
#17 ·
Concealed carry is legal in 49 out of 50 states, want to guess the one that it isn't yet?

Don't worry, the supreme court gave IL 180 days to draft a law for CCW, I think they have about 120 days left to do it.

#3 ·
wow man, that is a really ingenious mod. Very clean too. I'd love to do this to my car, I just don't have the guts :(

#5 ·
Here's the deal in this state.....Missouri. It's legal to carry a gun if you have a permit. It's legal to carry a hidden gun in your car, with no permit necessary. Ownership of all hand-guns requires a permit. I'm legal......

However...it is not legal to enter many places carrying a gun. You get searched at the entrance. All federal buildings are like this. So if I go downtown I need a safe place to store the gun in the car, if I need to do business in a federal building. This lock-box is ideal.

It obviously has other uses than storing a gun. The box could have been somewhat bigger than this one......but I had this Mac box. It just required some painting, and some padding to the interior. The top is a piece of sticky-back felt.

#7 ·
^^^ or you could just get a lisence to carry a concealed weapon in your state if you can like i did

#8 ·
ive done a little research and i cant find any way to get a permit in illinois. however, i did read about a loop hole in the system where people are able to carry weapons in specially designed fanny packs. but thats a loop hole, not a legal law and i wouldnt wanna have to explain that to a cop lol let alone wear the fanny pack to carry it.

#9 ·
Finished it up this morning......the bottom of the box is covered with a sheet of 2mm foam. Now since there is limited clearance in this thing, I made the holes at the bottom of a "dimple"....used round-end punch. Then I got some counter-sunk screws 2-2 1/2" long. The heads of the screws are flush with the metal.... and below the foam. I'll cover the heads with cloth tape.....no scratching possible...

With the rear floor mat in place, this box is completely hidden. [}:)]

#12 ·
Something tells me you are a retired engineer with a lot of time on your hands bluefront. I have a lot of ideas myself but getting the time to do them is kind of hard to do. I have seen a lot of your ideas though and most of them are very practical and can be used for everyday things. Good idea on this one too.[thumb]

#13 ·
Actually I'm a retired automotive machinist from Local 777 in St Louis........which translates into I got stuck doing all sorts of things during my many years working for dealers.

Yeah you do have extra time when you're not working, particularly if there are no wife, kids, or grand-kids to distract you. [thumb]

#14 ·
[rofl] Machinist would have been my second guess. I did the machinist thing working with Davenports and index machines. The machine shop I worked in laid me off a few years back and never called me back so I had to look for something else. I loved working there, and I often had a lot of ideas that I had implemented into making the machines work more effectively. It was more of a trial and error process but it made it fun experimenting on things when you were getting paid to do it. Usually after working 10-12 hours a day I don't want to do anything else but do what I have to do and then go to bed. Good thing there are always people out there to give me ideas on what I could be doing and bugging me because I can't do them lol. I would give you rep again for this idea but it seems that I have to spread it around some more. Have fun

#18 ·
Time to buy more guns!!

Concealed carry is legal in 49 out of 50 states, want to guess the one that it isn't yet?

Don't worry, the supreme court gave IL 180 days to draft a law for CCW, I think they have about 120 days left to do it.
This man speaks ... err, types ... truth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.