Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #263
Official Ford Rep
Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 4,367, Level 42
Points: 4,367, Level: 42 Points: 4,367, Level: 42 Points: 4,367, Level: 42
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 53%
Activity: 53% Activity: 53% Activity: 53%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Cory, as an FYI for your technical advisor: my DCT doesn't make a grinding noise...
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
My dealers said "It's a characteristic of the transmission." But then that begs the question - why doesn't it chatter when shifting into odd gears?...
I forwarded these details to my tech adviser, guys.

Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
...The noise may be disconcerting but there is no direct evidence that suggests it is harmful...
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
...My transmission has been driven for almost 4000 miles, it had 6 miles when I bought it, and apart from "the noise" has remained very smooth...From what I know, the noise is said to be harmless...
Kabigon & unfocused1,

I want to make sure this is reviewed with your regional customer service manager. Please send me a PM with your VIN, full name, best daytime phone number, approximate mileage, and dealer name/state.

Originally Posted by sdwcam01 View Post
Its funny you say that, because mine still shifts hard, loses power, and grinds between 2-3., but only when its warm outside...
I shot you another PM, sdwcam01; please see your inbox.

Originally Posted by agamben0 View Post
Cory did a great job in responding to me and getting a CSM to talk to me about my grinding problem. For that I am quite grateful...

She did however say that she would get my closest dealer to contact me... which they did a day later, I was busy and missed the call, and they didn't leave a message...

Thanks for the shout-out. I want the confidence in your ride to be restored, so I sent a note to Mary and PMd you with the follow-up info.

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply