Focus Fanatics Forum banner

new menber brake question

896 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  amc49 
#1 · (Edited)
I purchased a 2002 zx3 with 34k miles last Feb. Now have 39k and the dealer says it needs pads and rotors.I dont want to use them too expensive.
What brands do you recomend I plan to use a shop close to my job.

#2 ·
If a shop is doing the work, usually they have brands that they use due to who they order their parts from. Most likely Auto Zone or O'Riley's. If your not doing aggressive driving then just about any grade will work well. As a rule of thumb I don't get the cheapest parts but go with the mid grade or higher.

You will want a semimetalic brake pad most likely.

2002 with only 39k miles... wow. Stock brakes most likely. You could always have the rotors just turned and then just get pads also...

#3 ·
Welcome to forum [welcome] [ffrocks] [loveff]

I moved your thread to the brake and suspension chat area so you can get more opinions.

I highly recommend Wagner brand brake parts. Had some on our Oddy and they've lasted 3yrs already. The first set I put on were house brands from the local autoparts store. The rotors warped within a week, took em' back and got the Wagner's and been happy ever since. Also Centric is a good brand I've heard good things about them. You can get these brands and other on Rockauto.com they have fantastic prices on brake parts. Though I would still shop around cause every once in a while I find parts that are very close to their price and local though not all the time.

#4 ·
If the brakes are dead at 40K I'd most certainly be looking for better more expensive parts. You are a heavy user, the fronts usually last easily 75K......the rears 110K+. If you pick cheap you will be changing them in 20K miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.