Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Dreading the "To Do" on the SVT... need pointers...
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #21
Captain Retard
Fan#: 55980
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT ZX3,93 SVT Lightning

Points 5,692, Level 48
Points: 5,692, Level: 48 Points: 5,692, Level: 48 Points: 5,692, Level: 48
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 20 Missourileo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
The t-belt is an easy job for the mechanically inclined, not so easy for others. If you do take it to a shop(which I don't recommend), make sure it's one that has done this before, on an SVTF. Reason being, most shops screw this up. I have done 8 of these and know it takes about 3 hours, you should change the water pump as well as the serpentine belt and you DO NEED the timing tools. Forget about the white dot crap. The belt walks 6 teeth per revolution. I have the Ford workshop manual on this that gives you specific step by step pics and instructions, if you're interested. I can email it to you. Also, did you change your valve cover gasket before changing the T-stat housing? If not, that's the reason the O-ring goes bad in the housing. Oil leaks down the head and onto the housing, look for yourself.
"It's the Veteran who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag."
Midwest crew #36
Hatch Nation#50
January 2010 ROTM