Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sterling Grey Photos!

282K views 1K replies 241 participants last post by  Slo86GT 
#1 ·
Well, might as well pop this one up too.

Post away!

#596 ·
Moar Spam
How well do you think the grey covers up dirt/water marks vs. some of the other colors--say red?

I really want to buy the Focus in red, but a few people have cautioned me that the dirt/water marks will stand out on the car. I've only ever dull-colored cars without metallic paints (yes, they're old) so it usually isn't a terrible problem if I get dirt on it since it's non-reflective anyways.

Also, is the sterling grey a more gunmetal/carbon fiber'ish gray color or a literally a metallic grey?

#610 ·
I always liked the grey but hands down my favorite Is the Ruby Red. I never see anyone on the roads with this color

#620 ·
I was looking to maybe buy those BBS wheels off the Tire rack. Yours is the first Focus I've seen with them. Are those 18" or 17"? Better have some wheel locks on them. That BBS logo on the center caps is a thief magnet I'm guessing. Have any pics of the side profile? Those look better IMO than the OEM grey 17" Ford wheels which have a similar spoke design.

#637 ·
Thanks, I'll check out the links.

Eh not really a project per se. I was going to get one of those stick on keyless keypads. I locked my keys in my trunk when I was putting ice in a cooler this last summer on a trip to New Jersey. Had to wait like 2 hours for a truck to come get my doors open. If possible I would try to hide the keypad somewhere like behind the gas cap door, but if I can't hide it, painting it body color will at least blend it better than the stock black it comes in.

As far as projects, I am swapping out my silver headlights and driving lights covers with the Titanium black ones. I am also installing a 3d Carbon rear spoiler painted body color. I have the parts already they are sitting in my kitchen. Waiting for this !@#$%^&*! snow to stop so I can put the stuff on. Arrgghhh!

Right now I am also looking at maybe putting the black OEM Ford 17" wheels on. But geez, Wheels + TPMS + Tires + Installation = about $1600. [80?] I have the money, but then I start thinking of all the other stuff I could buy with the cash, like a new couch. If I could sell my 16" alloys that would reduce my cost a little I guess. Decisions, decisions. [scratch]

#638 ·
Trying to get a paint-match just off the color-code isn't as accurate as must people think. When my car was in the shop last year I think there were 13 or more different color-cards for the code.

Just something to think about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.