Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Macky's FF'13 ST Build Thread

12K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  DJFreshlySnipes 
#1 ·
I don't have too many plans for the ST, but I'm hoping to have them done before FF'13

Plans:
FSWerks Intake
Coilovers
Matte Black Fifteen52 Tarmacs OR Work Euroline DH
LED Tail lights from the Focus Electric

Coilovers:

Haven't seen many options out there yet, but H&R has one out and I'm waiting to see what Eibach comes out with.

Here is the H&R option

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=H%26R&model=Street-Perf.+Coil-Over&group=Street-Perf.+Coil-Over&partNum=51661&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Focus+5-Door&autoYear=2013&autoModClar=ST&cat=

Wheels:

Work Euroline DH
I'd either find them already in matte black or buy them and get them painted to matte black. This is how they come from Work.

Matte Black

Tarmacs
I don't have a great picture of matte Tarmacs, but I can special order them from Fifteen52

Pictures:

Coming Soon

Comments:

I'm not looking for stretch or poke on the wheels and coilover setup, I just want it to look OEM+. I was messing around in Forza when I found the Work wheels and put them on an ST in game and almost started drooling. We shall see if I can actually find them!

See less See more
#3 ·
This is my 2012 SE on Tarmac's with H&R Coilovers to give you an idea. I have the H&R's set at the highest setting in the rear and factory setting for the front (8 coils up) with all season Falken 722 - 235/40/R18

Wheel is textured gunmetal (looks and feels like high grit sandpaper)

Good luck!

Adam

#5 ·
The Works are nice but they're more VIP in my opinion. They could work though...

#7 ·
I've added a couple things to my list after seeing some of the products that are becoming available:

SCT tuner from FSwerks http://www.fswerks.com/collections/focus-st-2013/products/ds-copy-of-fswerks-sct-x3-flash-handheld-programmer-ford-focus-st-2013

Turbosmart Kompact DV http://www.fswerks.com/collections/focus-st-2013/products/turbosmart-diverter-valve-25mm

Cobb Lower Engine Mount http://www.fswerks.com/collections/focus-st-2013/products/copy-of-fswerks-lower-rear-engine-mount-ford-focus-st-2013-tivct-2012-2013

FSWerks Cool-flo intake http://www.fswerks.com/collections/focus-st-2013/products/fswerks-cool-flo-air-intake-system-ford-focus-st-2013

I'm ordering the intake tube as bare metal because I'm going to have it powder coated white after I get it.

I've also decided to not go with the WORK wheels and to go with the Tarmacs. But now I'm stuck deciding between getting them in white or matte black. Any opinions?

#9 ·
Matt black or caracole

#11 ·
Haven't updated for a while so I thought I'd post up.

I've had a massive change of plans with what's become available in the aftermarket. I saw an ST with Tarmacs on it and I decided they weren't for me, so I'm changing my wheel choices and have it narrowed down to two:

The first are MiRo Type 111 (rebranded RaderWerks) but only come in VW/Euro sizes. I'd most likely get the 5x112 pattern and 18x8.5. However, the offset of the wheels is 45mm compared to the 55mm of the stock wheels and they're .5" wider. Also, I'd have to pick up a set of adapters from H&R. I have no idea what they'd end up looking like and I know they would stick out from the car further due to the adapters.

The second are Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3. The price difference between the two is going to be the deciding factor.

Other than that, the only thing that I have installed so far is the Cobb AccessPort tune.

I'll update my first post with the change in plans.

See you at FF!

#12 ·
Well I can't edit the first post...

Going mostly Cobb for aftermarket now since I got their tuner. That's it for now!

#15 · (Edited)
So after mulling over the adapter idea and talking to Chalon from PCA, I think it's safe to say that both of those wheel options are out of the picture [:(]

The MiRo wheels will stick out too far from my fender after the adapters and the Team Dynamics are 10-12 weeks out.

I have reached out to Rotiform to see if we can work out a set of their Cast MIA wheels.

I'll let you know what I find out!

#16 ·
/sigh

Back to the drawing board... Just got off the phone with rotiform and they're phasing that wheel out for a new design called IND which I'm not a big fan of.

Stupid 5x108...

#17 ·
Went up to Tousley last night to pick up a few minor things and to ship out my stock ST wheels.

I got in touch with a UK parts guy like Steve is for the US and I may be able to get some Focus RS wheels imported!!!

#18 ·
Cobb intake on its way from FSWerks. Still no wheels picked out yet...

If anyone has some free time and enjoys wheel shopping, feel free to throw out suggestions!

#19 ·
Cobb intake is installed and I switched over to a tune by Randy from FSWerks.

Also, wheels came today!

TSW Nurburgring 19x8 Matte Gunmetal

#29 ·
Cobb intake is installed and I switched over to a tune by Randy from FSWerks.

Also, wheels came today!

TSW Nurburgring 19x8 Matte Gunmetal

Not tryin to poke a dead horse or in this case dead thread but....

With the 19's did you get 35 series tires because you wanted low pro tires or is that all you could fit?

were you able to run 40 series tires? You have had the wheels for a few years now, how did they hold up hitting potholes and bumps?

I want 19's for my 2015 ST but dont want to run 35 series tires. I had 35 series tires on my '09 Focus and bent all 4 wheels over a 2 year time span in Northern California. The roads here are crap, I hit a 3 foot wide pothole in the middle of the freeway going like 80mph.

#25 ·
Yeah, was trying to find Continental ExtremeContact DW in 235/35/19 but they were on back order everywhere

Ended up getting a ridiculous deal on some BFGoodrich gForce T/A KDW in 235/35/19 and went with those

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.