Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Group Buy: Downforce USA lip kit

51K views 122 replies 46 participants last post by  muscrayt 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm sure many of you have seen the front lip on my Focus by now, manufactured by Downforce USA. Along with the lip there are also side skirts and a rear valence (the rear is for hatches only) available for the Mk3s.

I have been in contact with Thomas and he has let me know that he'd be willing to offer discounts for a group buy, but with no mention of dates, discounts, or minimum numbers yet. The information below is what I know so far.

If you want parts of, or the whole kit, this is your chance!

1) Company / Seller Name: Downforce USA
2) Company / Seller Address: Downforceusa.com
3) Company / Seller Phone & Email: thomas@downforceusa.com
4) Start Group Buy Date: TBA
5) Ending Group Buy Date: TBA
6) Minimum Member Participation: TBA
7) Retail or Sale Price:

(FRP/Partial CF/Full CF)
  • Front lip ($350/450/550)
  • Side skirts ($350/500/900)
  • Rear lip ($350/450/550) *HATCH ONLY
8) Group Buy Pricing: TBA
9) Any Related Product Images

(images below are not mine)

*This hatch has the partial CF kit; the carbon fiber areas are those left unpainted.

PARTICIPANTS:

1) Twenty: FRP or partial CF rear lip
2) 87astro: FRP front lip
3) Deftmetal: Partial CF side skirts
4) SuperSandra: FRP front lip
5) Deesiel678: FRP front lip (tentative)

See less See more
#41 ·
I have had only the front for months and it looks fine; mind you, it's not body colour so it matches the skirts and rear valence.

Which material would you like?

#45 ·
I'm very interested in the frp front lip depending on the gb price. You can put me down as tentative.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW
I have added you two. Thanks!

Have we got a final price on the CF Chin Spoiler? I'd love one if the price is right. Tax season and all y'know. ;)
Not yet, I'm waiting to hear back. I'll fire off another email.

#49 ·
I'm really trying to get final quotes but they must be swamped at Downforce, or something. Thomas is still trying to get numbers he can pass to me.

#54 ·
They'd probably need standard Focus side skirts to mount on. That's my guess as to how they mount.

Does the lip fit on the Zetec s front end?
As a replacement, yes. Not on top of the existing lip.

- - -

I'm actually thinking of calling this off. The list is still small and I can't seem to get an answer from Downforce regarding pricing.

#58 ·
Just saw this, also interested in the front full carbon fiber lip, but all depending on the Group Buy cost...

Emanuel

#63 ·
I would definitely be interested in the non carbon fibre front lip and side skirts eventually, the only problem is money. I probably wouldn't have the $700+shipping money for a few months, at least two.

#64 ·
That CF front and rear lip looks excellent. I guess I've found something to save for, though not in time for the GB. I'd still be willing to pay full price if they're available at that point, regardless. Cool stuff!

#67 ·
Attention all:

Thanks for the support but the group buy is being called off. Downforce can be contacted for parts, or our own Redel Devil Customs (Shade-010) here on Focus Fanatics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.