Focus Fanatics Forum banner

4 Years ago today, I bought a Focus! timeline 56k no way

4K views 35 replies 29 participants last post by  vermen1993 
#1 · (Edited)
This is the Former focusman6297, i changed my SN to reflect what im doing with my life so intro SkyPilot!

4 years ago today on April 18, 2005, I bought a focus!

It was a 2004 Focus SE, that I bought from Hertz rent a car. The car had 27,000ish miles on it, and I got it for $9995 which was a deal I couldn’t pass up.

Here are some pics still on the lot.

A few months after owning the car I did my first and still favorite mod, VOLANT FTW!

The mods came slow, as a poor college student I did what I could, the next mod was 35% tint all the way around.

Somewhere there after I added a Red Focus Central Spark Plug cover, which I later traded for a blue one.

Next Came the rims! I bought theses of a forum member and instead of driving to get them or have them shipped, I flew myself (Im a Pilot) and my mother on a 4 hours round trip in a Cessna 172/n to Kingston NY to get my SVT 5-Spoke rims, here are some pics from the trip.

Landing in Kingston NY

At Kingston

Taking off From Kingston

Me

After I got some tires and installed them, this was the end result.

A few months after that from my 21st Birthday I got a MBRP cat back!
Mom trying to hide the box

The Install!

and on one cold December day in installed a rear dome light and kicker components in q-logic kick panels with leds!

Then Finally the DROP! For Christmas 2007 I got a Roush Stage 2 suspension and this was the result after I put my svt rims back on

Less then a week later the car was packed and my dad and I drove west, I was moving from New York to Arizona for flight school, a 2500 mile trip was done in 2 days, 16 hours the first day and 18 the next the car did it like it was nothing.
While in AZ I was able to get a set or REAL TYC Sedan tail lights

A few months after I was in AZ and school was done, I met up with other focus guys for a long 300+ mile run to fragstaff az for lunch!

And in the following months I added things like the dash with a tach, and speedhut gauge face, a 65mm tb, and focus door sill plates.
One day back in October we did a run up south mountain in phoenix.

A few days after that my stock horn died, so Tom and I installed some air horns!

And the most recent pics are from a night out a Buffalo Wind wings a few weeks back, notice no more front license plate!

And Just a few days ago this happened

And that it, the 4 year history of my Focus, she has been a great car and has given me all trouble free miles, I just installed EBC sport rotors and Hawk Pads the other day as well and painted my calipers Ford Blue, Updated with pics!

And I have an SVT header that im waiting to get the rest of the parts for so I can install it, and then she will be done. Hope you enjoyed this long timeline of my Hertz Focus!

See less See more
1 59
#27 ·
Wow i had no idea someone bumped my thread months ago. Thanks for the compliments, The car has been replaced on a temporary basis as I bought a 12 back in july. She's working winter duty now but still looks great when detailed.

As for the paint, its Ford blue engine block paint, nothing special, just made sure I cleaned the calipers real good before painting. Ive driven maybe 80,000 miles since then, the paint is still sticking and no chips in it.

#28 ·
Flying to pick up wheels is awesome!!!!

Do you still have your sub in it, that is badass as well - looks OEM. Could We see daylight pics of it?

Congrats on the 2012 purchase, but I am still a bigger fan of the MK1's! Need moar pics!!!!!

#30 ·
The car itself hasn't changed much since this thread. here are some more pics

The day I bought the 12

Winter duty last year, this is from one day of driving

I added heated seats to her a few weeks ago, so nice to have in the winter!

Im up for January ROTM so please vote!

@pyroinsa, i dont have any more pics of the kick panels ill get those up soon!

#32 ·
nice dude reminds me of my old RS 2.3 Sedan, nice spot for those air horns I have this same set laying around along with real Train Horns that I will hide in the rear bumper 4 horns with a 3 gallon tank for a total of 6 air horns haha, got any more pics of your air horn install?

#35 ·
Skypilot that's an awesome Focus! I currently have an 07 focus SE with 47k miles and a 2006 Civic si with 104k miles. I might start modding the focus soon.

Right now I'm learning manual on the civic.

But that really is an awesome focus. I take it with the removal of the front plate you decided to stay in AZ permanently? :( nice plane too! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.