Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#19,362 ·
I wouldnn't bother with roll cage or harness bar unless you go high horsepower with a turbo or something. Otherwise its just for looks with alot of extra weight. But of course this will be once you have a daily so the kraken can become dedicated racer! :) !

I would hit up the track guys on FJ such as hEat, Omnifocus and terrible1. These guys know what they're doing. Otherwise you might be wasting alot of money and time on stuff that doesn't work or isn't needed. Worst case done wrong could cause you a failure that would lead to an accident.
well, yeah, this is for when the Kraken gets built for MSR's track

its gonna be a while before i get into that.
but i want racing seats, so harness bar is the main "interior" piece i want. lol

#19,363 ·
Sets of 12 at $9 a piece? Damn that's stupid. The boots almost cost you more than the axles.
yeah, if i got the reman. axles (with core refund) it would be more expensive for the boots.. fml

#19,364 ·
Technically a strut is a combined spring/shock assembly in one putting the spring on a FIXED perch above the shock. A coilover has no strut but is also an assembly combining a spring/shock assembly in one but with the spring perch being adjustable usually by means of a threaded shock body. More or less the same thing serving the same function just diff designs and therefore terms lol.

#19,365 ·
Would be fun to drive the MSR track. Get the car up to speed pushing through turns for a couple laps at a time.

Autox is cool and all but you're only on the track for a single lap and usually done in less than a minute. High intensity short duration.

#19,368 ·
Would be fun to drive the MSR track. Get the car up to speed pushing through turns for a couple laps at a time.

Autox is cool and all but you're only on the track for a single lap and usually done in less than a minute. High intensity short duration.
which is why i want msr

#19,369 ·
Daniel. How about getting it remanufactured somewhere locally, should be around $100
dont have the down time available. lol

and i would rather have NEW

#19,371 ·
Huzzah for making money!!!! tax free even. =D
and I won a 4GB SanDisk tiny flash drive.

#19,373 ·
Daniel go to Advance Auto Part, they carry the SVT axles, well they can get them, it's where I got mine unless Rockauto is cheaper. I only paid something like 70 bucks for the drivers side, the passenger will be a little more expensive. As boots the new axles should come with boots already so I don't know what your thinking there? Replacing them isn't hard at all, you will have to replace your tranny fluid also at the same time. If you take it somewhere who knows what they'll fill it with unless you bring them the fluid.

#19,379 ·
Daniel go to Advance Auto Part, they carry the SVT axles, well they can get them, it's where I got mine unless Rockauto is cheaper. I only paid something like 70 bucks for the drivers side, the passenger will be a little more expensive. As boots the new axles should come with boots already so I don't know what your thinking there? Replacing them isn't hard at all, you will have to replace your tranny fluid also at the same time. If you take it somewhere who knows what they'll fill it with unless you bring them the fluid.
i think i will just getthem thru rock auto. its like 170 shipped for the axles and new seals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.