Dreaded Can't fill gas tank problem
Okay, I have a 2005 zx5. Owned it since new.
All of the sudden it takes 30 minutes to fill up because of fuel splash back on the pump nozzle turning pump off.
I have read many posts on the problem, but really don't see where anyone has found a solution.
1) Spider nests in vent tube.
- I have removed both the vent tube. No clogs
2) Some type of clog in fill tube.
- I have pulled the fill tube. First I tried running a siphon hose through. Hose would not go through, so I thought this might be the problem. After pulling the tube have declared it clear.
3) Pulled gas tank to check tank venting.
- Tube is clear to the charcoal/EVAP canister.
- Exit tube from EVAP Canister clear to Fuel Vent, up to Fuel Fill.
Apears the The Charcoal Canister/EVAP is the problem.
So, here's where I need help. The Charcoal Canister/EVAP is wedged above and between the rear end and the bottom of the vehicle body. How is this thing suppose to come out?
After looking at it for a few nights, I am thinking I will cut a huge hole in the floor panel by the spare tire and pull it out the top. Otherwise I think I need to drop the rear end - at least one side.
Anyone ever replace the Charcoal Canister/EVAP that can help me out here. Anyone have the Ford Service manual that can shoot me the directions for Removal/replacement?
Thanks, any advice appreciated.