Surely it's not coolant. I've never had coolant cause a fire, but then-- new coolants are different. It's not ethylene glycol being used any more because that's toxic. I'm not sure exactly what Ford is using now, but some of the new coolants are an organic acid.
I am personally a bit afraid of owning an E-boost engine until these have been out long enough for people to get over 100k miles on it. I know it's not the same, but everyone I know who has owned a turbo engine has had issues with the turbo before 100k.
---The Complete How-To Archive--
Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick
You're special aren't you.