Focus Fanatics Forum banner

MFT 3.5.1 The Good...

6K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  12_T_Hatch 
#1 ·
While my car was in the shop for my windshield wipers doing the phantom wipe, they installed the new update. Not only is this update much faster with the navigation screens but my Bluetooth phone calls are clearer and easier for me to hear without having to up the volume on the system. Also my MFT screen has the outside temperature added back in the top center of the screen and the added a compass to the display between my gauges. (See pic)

I know many people have a love hate relationship with the MFT but it appears the engineers at Ford are listening to some of the complaints presented by the owners.

See less See more
#2 ·
Im not looking to start shit, but It looks like it thinks ur in Trip 2, but are in trip 1. Maybe I'm wrong, and dont get me wrong, I am very excited to get the 3.5.1 with the new A4

#9 ·
lol, I was going to look when I went to get gas and I completely forgot... too washed I guess, thanks for posting the pictures suss6052!

#13 ·
Things like just being able to just say "Play <title>" without having to say "song", "artist", "album name", "genre", etc. in there. You can just say "Play <Sirius station name>" without having to tell the system "Sirius" first and then the station name on the second prompt. You can just say "AM <frequency #>" or "FM <frequency #>". Things like that.

#16 ·
oh wow that's actually really great. the 2 step prompts to flip between inputs is a tad cumbersome.

does that mean if you're in music you can just say "set temp 23 degrees" too?

i did the update today (haven't played around with it). the first thing i noticed was that it said my usb stick (with my mp3s on it) wasn't recnogized. i plugged it in a few times and got the same thing. hopefullly i'ts not an issue. i had that happen a couple times but it resolved itself on its own.

#14 ·
Just got the update over the weekend. So far so good. I also agree with the comment somebody made earlier about the Ford engineers paying attention to the complaints. It's quite reassuring to know that people are working on solutions long after the sale has been made.

#15 ·
As far as the black vs. blue background in the small LCD by the gauge cluster, I have a friend with a 2012 SE and his background is blue and I have a Titanium with a black background. His car was built first, so I dont know if its something they changed with an update, or something with the higher trim levels gets it. Im not sure what the difference is other than color but I like my black background better [wiggle]

#28 ·
They're expected to start shipping in January (allegedly), but you might not see yours until sometime in February depending on how they send them out (alphabetically, VIN, date of sale, etc.)

#30 ·
I found a slight bug

if i say "play artist led zeppelin" i get the "please choose" prompt with a list on screen.

if i say "play led zeppelin" i get the "please choose" but no list on screen. it should either show a list or prompt "please specify song, artist or genre" followed by a list.

the other thing I find a bit annnoying is if I am listing to my whole playlist in shuffle mode (which i do most of the time) and I request to listen to an album or artist, it starts playing the artist but becuase it's shuffled, it starts part of the way through that group of songs. for example i say "play metallica" and it starts playing at track 14 of 36 and moves through, i never get to listen to those first 13 tracks. it should shuffle the selection and start at 1.

on a whole though, the voice commands are really fast now, there's very little delay in playing what i've requested and it works quite well.

if you're listening to tunes though, you still have to say "climate" before setting the temp. not a big deal as I never really use voice commands for setting the temperature.

#32 ·
if i say "play led zeppelin" i get the "please choose" but no list on screen. it should either show a list or prompt "please specify song, artist or genre" followed by a list.
I found this one right after I had it installed as well. If you say "Play <name>" and that name happens to be the name of a song and an album or an album and an artist it will say "Please choose" and give you nothing to choose from. I was still staring at my map screen wondering what to do. Eventually it gave me the "I didn't hear anything" tone and said it found a song and album with that title, which would I like.

if you're listening to tunes though, you still have to say "climate" before setting the temp. not a big deal as I never really use voice commands for setting the temperature.
Played around with this on my way home last night. I was listening to music USB and said "Climate 72 degrees". It asked if 72 degrees was what I wanted. I said yes and it switched from 70 to 72. For the hell of it I tried switching it back (still in USB music mode) by saying "Temperature 70" without saying "climate" first. Thought I was on to something as it gave me the "command accepted" tone. Turns out I wasn't on to anything as it simply switched me to AM 1070. Guess it heard "temperature-70" as "ten-seventy". Wacky MFT!

#38 ·
I went to my dealer today to get the works package done and a rattle fixed. To my surprise, they updated the MFT, including the Nav card to A4 (that's the newest one right).

So far so good - I'm liking the ability to just say the Sirius station name, but I'm sad that they didn't apply the same ability to the Sirius SATs. You still have to say "Sirius" and "SAT #" separately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.