Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What Gives!?!?

5K views 46 replies 21 participants last post by  roger911 
#1 ·
So this may be why I never get of FF anymore.... People are nowhere near as active as they used to be.. Used to there were tons of posts per day on second gen forums here but now they are scarce.. Whats the deal?
I finally gave up on even getting on FF because when I login for the most part there is very very little new activity.... I know some second gen owners have traded up, but there has to be many of you who I have been FF friends with for a long time still caring to your Second Gen as I do??? Please post up! Here is a few pics of my car Sunday morning.

See less See more
#6 ·
Eh I guess it doesn't matter to me, I browse any area of the forum if it's a new post. Not a lot do that I guess.

Funny, I just came across another thread about a similar thing though... I dunno what's going on. I guess everyone that's been able to afford the second gens are now buying third gens?

#7 ·

Feel this way all the time, not only are the MK2's the middle child we didn't get a performance model. Even in our local Houston crowd I am virtually the only second gen that goes to meets. There are a couple of 3rd gens that don't show up normally and then a TON of first gens.

#8 ·
Yeah I just looked at the total posts and views per section of ff and the 3rd gen blows us away already... I love our gen... But like you said most who could afford the second gen and aren't younger like me and others can afford to just trade up on a third gen

#10 ·
crice, your Foci is looking great! I'm still around :)

Just two toned my interior over the weekend and made the headunit fit alot better. I also made the factory USB port work on my Kenwood headunit.

#11 ·
I... for one am thankful... that I have a 2011... and not a 2012... most of the posts on the new model are discussion on problems. My second generation has had no... repeat no... problems in 24 months of ownership.

With the shorter days, I have not had the time for detailing, already have the oil changed for winter, my winter tires/wheels on, & the the summer set cleaned up in the shed.

I have always loved the look of your ride, she is very nice looking... what do you think about the 1.0 liter Ecoboost that is supposed to be available in the Fiesta next year?

#19 ·
Thanks man! And that is a very good point the Mk3 forum is bumpin with problems lol

Nice second gen. Yours is part of a few that I really like on FF. Clean, subtle and not over the top. I agree with the comment that a lot of second gen owners are just moving up to third.
Thanks dude! That is exactly what I was looking for, A simple clean look. It turns heads all day long but in a good way, not in a "look at that ricer" way lol

This is the most recent shot of mine. Keep reposting it since I can't get any new shots due to work...

Looks great as always!

Here I am! :)

Looking great!!

Im glad to see when I put up a thread like this, that you guys come flying in(=
I miss the days when everyone was posting away about our second gens....

#20 ·
Also what many may not know is my focus was a SE(=
Not an SES, but you see it has color matched handles, color matched mirrorcovers, Dark chrome tails, among other non seeable ses modifications.

(= while many might think it is just a ses with a few additions such as the headlights, colormatched grill, 3dcarbon front lip,
it actually was a long slow process lol

#15 ·
This is the most recent shot of mine. Keep reposting it since I can't get any new shots due to work...

#22 ·
I still have mine and almost was planning on trading it in for another second gen, then realized I'm in no financial position to do that. Oh well, my SE is nice and once money comes in to make the changes I'd like to see on it, it'll be even more nice. Pretty soon I'll be ripping out the radio console to paint that to match the rest of my interior. It's the last silver part in the car, and it needs to go!

#23 ·
We drive the best of a bad situation. 1st gens had so many problems that Ford spent a decade fixing until they finally got it right in 2008.

The biggest problem I've seen being widely reported for 08-11 is a squeaky parking brake.

Thank goodness we don't have DCT, MFT, TiVCT, etc cluttering up the 2nd gen forum.

If anything, we've got the best cars here.

#25 ·
Winter with No Garage Sucks

My Focus is sitting under 3 inches of snow and it's -20 celcius outside, this puts a hamper on just about anything other than driving it. Money's tight, being it's Xmas season and all, so modifications will have to wait until boxing day or early January. It's been snowing in Edmonton since October, and been averaging -20 celcius (with the windchill), or colder, since the beginning of Nov.. My next thing will be retrofitting my headlights. I would love to put an exhaust and a tune on it, but being winter I think I'll wait until the spring. Not having a garage sucks, but that's the price I pay to live downtown and be a 10 minute walk from work.

I've noticed the same thing, MK2 slower than other threads. But, I constantly haunt the MK2 thread, I barely read any others, and I'm never in the MK3 thread (just no interest). When I do make some mods, this'll be the first thread I post in [wave]

#26 ·
My Focus is sitting under 3 inches of snow and it's -20 celcius outside, this puts a hamper on just about anything other than driving it. Money's tight, being it's Xmas season and all, so modifications will have to wait until boxing day or early January. It's been snowing in Edmonton since October, and been averaging -20 celcius (with the windchill), or colder, since the beginning of Nov.. My next thing will be retrofitting my headlights. I would love to put an exhaust and a tune on it, but being winter I think I'll wait until the spring. Not having a garage sucks, but that's the price I pay to live downtown and be a 10 minute walk from work.

I've noticed the same thing, MK2 slower than other threads. But, I constantly haunt the MK2 thread, I barely read any others, and I'm never in the MK3 thread (just no interest). When I do make some mods, this'll be the first thread I post in [wave]
Danggg your weather is horrible lol
And thanks we will be looking for your posts!

#28 ·
You have retrofits with the stock headlight housings. Do the bars affect visibility? I've been waiting forever for someone to tell me if they affect visibility or not and nobody is speaking up.

#38 ·
Some nights FF is slow others my phone gets notifications every five mins. Just gotta get around the forums more and talk it up. I hang out in almost all the sections no matter what I drive. we all share the same passion. Nice ride BTW.

Like someone else says of your board hit up that "New posts" button.

#39 ·
Haven't been as active as I used to be but here are a few new "mods"

Rear disk break conversion.... Still haven't hooked up my e-brake [:I]

Also traklite rims (changed them out for stock 17's for winter) and rally armor mudflaps that are helping me keep A LOT of crap off the whip.

Untitled by DarderSauce, on Flickr

then painted the clear part on my tails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.