Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SCCA Yellowstone Region

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  WyoJames 
#1 ·
Looking to get involved with autox this next season. I saw some older posts with people on here from the yellowstone region and was wondering if anyone is still around to shed some light on exactly how to get started. I did one autox a while back in a buddy's car down in CO (just did a "fun run") and loved it and figured since I bought the ST i would give it a go again. Thanks for any help in advance.

#2 ·
I don't have much to add but have you checked out your local SCCA website? They should have a great guide on what's needed to get going. Namely just an approved helmet and making sure the car is clean of stuff inside/trunk.

I'd also imagine that because the seasons are changing that new race days are probably all but done for the year.

What part of Wyoming are you living in?

#3 ·
I'm in northern Wyoming. About 3 hours from Billings (which is where is seems the Yellowstone region has a lot of events). And driving 3 hours to go race isn't anything if you're in Wyoming as everything is pretty much at least 2 hours away.

I've been on the website and gotten all the basic info and the tech inspection sheets, etc. Just wasn't sure on how the SCCA works with like memberships and stuff like that. I know the season is all done this year but I'd like to get everything figured out so when they start up again next year or if they have some early season slush events I can just show up and go.

#4 ·
Route 14 from Sheridan to Greybull is one of my favorite stretches of road. I have good friends in Cody actually.

Just show up and go. Make sure to be friendly and ask the people working the booth/trailer/desk about becoming a member. You can even do that beforehand if you'd like too.

#5 ·
Back when I had my crotch rocket that was one of my favorite roads too. I would take that road from sheridan to greybull and then down to tensleep and run back over the mountain on Hwy 16. Haven't had a chance to take the focus over the mtn yet, anticipating it to be fun though. Nice to have moutain twisties within a 30 minute drive.

But thanks for the heads up Nick. Can't wait for next season to start up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.