Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Alberta Focus People

11K views 52 replies 15 participants last post by  FocusMkay 
#1 ·
Any Alberta Focus Fanatics around? I'm in North East Alberta and I don't really know that many people and of the people I do know few of them give a damn about cars.

I wouldn't mind finding out about a car club or something around!

#2 ·
Me! I'm in Edmonton but we go to some of the Calgary car meets.

Illmotion Car club in Calgary, there's another MK3 owner on here from Calgary and then the car club I "bling" too is 780Tuners - the forum is all play and BS, in person they are nice people.

#8 ·
Wow I actually found this section, cool... You guy know any place in Calgary we can shop for some quality parts? Most stores I have seen look for driven towards Japanese cars. [wrenchin].

#9 ·
Right here. Unfortunately if you live in Calgary you will find no support for the Fofo unless you feel like ordering Ford performance parts through the dealerships and paying through the nose.
I buy anything Focus or Merkur related from the internet-either here, FJ or e-Bay.
You will that a lot of US vendors (mostly on e-Bay but some peeps right here on FF) that will not ship to Canada. If you want big items like body kits get them shipped to Montana Shipping Outlet http://www.montanashipping.com/ and make a day trip of it.
While you are down make sure you pick up a lot of Cherry Coke!

#14 ·
Should keep your eyes out for well priced/quailty parts and let us know on here, it been farely difficult trying to find websites that actually carry stuff or have a selection, which im guessing will take another year... or so. Im not a crazy modder i just want to have my vehicle that has a flare of something unique and well put together and function so i can justify in my mind spending the money. [?|]

#16 ·
I haven't looked around a whole lot. The only "mods" I plan right away are getting my windows either tinted or dipped if I can find a good guy. And I want to buy the FSWerks Sport Exhaust. I may be able to convince someone to get it for me for Xmas if I'm lucky haha.

I wouldn't mind a cold air intake and maybe getting a throttle body spacer. But I'm not worrying about anything until I move into my new place with a garage. It's to cold to be working outside now.

#17 ·
Exhaust is nice, I have the Stealth and it's the best sounding IMO, best to get it on before the car has some wear because some of the pieces were sure in there good.

#21 ·
Anyone excited for the snow forecasted? I'm pretty pumped to hit the hills. Not looking forward to the cold. Wind chill is sposed to go down to -40!
Hate the snow. Keeps me from driving the Focus!

To the Calgary members: anyone ever attend the weekly beyond.ca meets? I'm a regular and generally have the only Focus.
I was scrambling to get the Focus inspected insured and registered before the last meet. Never got things lined up in time.
Rest assured I will be attending the 2013 meets (esp. Sunday School and maybe Driven to Perform).

#20 ·
To the Calgary members: anyone ever attend the weekly beyond.ca meets? I'm a regular and generally have the only Focus.

#22 ·
I love my Focus in the snow. There is a divided highway going out of town and every morning when there is snow I do just find and manage to weave around everyone going half the speed limit. It's a great handling car in the snow.

#23 ·
hahaha my focus handles like a champ too bad i have to have crap wheels and a higher stock bumper.....

onward to the mountains!

Don't forget anout the the 780 season opener i better not be the only foci out there![poke]

#26 ·
Hello everyone, im a new member to the community and currently have a little problem, so im here to get some help!
My friends clutch went out and I know many of you have aftermarket clutches, so my question to everyone is: if you by any chance have old OEM clutch in decent condition that you might get rid of, let me know ASAP!??? It doesen't have to be brand new shape, its just for his daily driven 2004, 2L nothing crazy just a simple stock car, which need only a clutch!

Please PM me within few days with your phone number, my buddy can pick up anywhere in Edmonton/Red Deer/Calgary since his driving back to Calgary on Wed or Thur (July 3/4)!!

#28 ·
Attention to any Mk1 and Mk1.5 owners in S. Alberta-the Calgary Pick n Pull on Barlow has a 2006 ST in the yard. New arrival and hasn't been picked over. The shift knob is gone and it was hit in the front and passenger side. The RR wheel is at a bad angle but the brakes should be OK. Cloth black and red seats look minty and aside from the front accessories the 2.3 looks intact. Lots of nice pieces on it!

#30 ·
There is a few on kijiji but they seem to want a lot for a car parts that have been smashed to shit. let me know too if you guys find anything for wheels for the mk3, money is tight so of you find an awesome deal let me know.

#32 ·
Hey !
I am from Edmonton ! Definitely looking to meet up with y'all that are in this area! Haven't made any mods to my car, as I am very new to this and doing research first! Looking to do headlights and taillight tinting, window tint and wheels first off! But, any of my mods wont be happening till summer 2015!
Take care!

-J

#33 ·
OK we are going to cause a domestic disturbance at the next Wednesday night Beyond.ca meet. Link to details...
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/380263/403-chinook-beyond-meets-2014-edition/
I am going to try to get as many local Focus owners together as I can and trump the meet by meeting up at 6pm (the crowd usually streams in around 7pm).
We will park in the middle of the meet area! Posting this in the Calgary Members thread as well.
If you need details PM me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.