Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Small controls problems

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  FordService 
#1 ·
The cruise control and infotainment controls sometimes work and sometimes do not.

Is this a common problem?

Moon

#8 ·
Hey Moon,

I'm glad to hear that you're having this and your other concerns addressed by the dealer. I know I've already been in touch with you, but if you need anything else, feel free to reach out to me.

someone I know had this exact problem with his cruise control, the problem can come from the clock spring, which is a long cable rolled arround ur steering wheel so u can turn it but still have electrical connection on it, you should have it checked and its might solve ur problem
as above ^^^^^ have clock spring checked while its in shop
Thanks for adding the great info, KibaWolf and doubles!

Have a great day,
Crystal

#6 ·
someone I know had this exact problem with his cruise control, the problem can come from the clock spring, which is a long cable rolled arround ur steering wheel so u can turn it but still have electrical connection on it, you should have it checked and its might solve ur problem

#12 ·
Crystal, I heard back from the dealership, and the issue with the small controls appears to have been the clockspring, which would be consistent with the problem and with other poster's suggestions.

They also maintained that they were unable to duplicate the transmission problems, and I raised a little hell with them (more Joe Biden, less Mitt Romney). Being rational and calm hasn't worked so far.

The service manager told me yesterday at end of business that new clutches had been ordered.

I also had left a voicemail with Jeff Sloan yesterday regarding the situation.

The loaner continues to be amazing; smooth starts and shifts, always picks the right gear (my car tends to fumble around looking for a gear), and two MPG (!) better around town.

It continues to be my suspicion that two things are going on; something mechanical with the clutchpacks and something electronic with the computer.
Thanks,
Moon

#13 ·
Crystal, I heard back from the dealership, and the issue with the small controls appears to have been the clockspring, which would be consistent with the problem and with other poster's suggestions...
My name is Cory and I’m the new “helper” on the board, Moon. I shared your great update with Crystal. [:D]

Cory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.