It's my first winter with my Focus and I just wanted people's thoughts, suggestions and experiences in buying and winter tires.
Winter here in Vancouver:
Mostly rain on the odd occasion there will be snow. The highest I've seen the snow go up to is maybe half a foot. Most of the time snow turns to slush in half a day.
1. What brand or type would you guys recommend or are using right now? Studded or just plain rubber?
2. Do you have dedicated wheels for winter tires? Would cheap steel or aluminum wheels do?
3. Does having winter tires affect fuel mileage?
4. Would it be a better deal to just wait until after winter to get good deals on winter tires? (I'd just have to suck it up for a few months with my all seasons.
5. Do you do installation yourself or do you get it done at a shop? Balancing is done when the shop installs new tires right?
6. Any other thing that comes to mind regarding winter tires?
P.S. It would be appreciated if you guys also describe the type of winter you experience where you are.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile