Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012

18K views 85 replies 26 participants last post by  PratoN 
#1 ·
Before taking the vehicle in I was experiencing:

- Shuddering between 1st-2nd shift
- Rattleing in transmission and general post 2nd gear shift sounded like rocks rolling around the tranny.
- Car shuddering bad when going up slight inclines

All issues are now gone. Hope this helps others in their dealings with their dealership.

See less See more
#56 ·
So I'm without my car for the week, stuck with the loaner.

Got the call from my dealership this afternoon, car has to stay with them as they're replacing the clutches. They found leaking oil and are fixing it according to TSB 11-12-13. When they started reading off the TSB number, I finished it off and told them that I knew about this issue and they didn't have to explain it to them. I've been telling them the last 2 visits to refer to this TSB when looking at my car but I guess they have to do it their way.

Just happy that I'm getting this fixed.

#59 ·
Called the dealership rep this morning. No update on when the parts will ship and they have 10 cars with the same problem sitting on their lot waiting for parts.

I purchased a Ford this time around because I live in Michigan and my grandfather retired from Ford. So instead of driving my Ford Titanium I'm now forced to drive a Nissan POS rental lunchbox on wheels, dealership ran out of vehicles, until Ford sends more parts. Ug, I want my car back!

#60 ·
They really should not have any cars on the lot waiting, including yours. When they(dealer) diagnose the problem as per TSB 11-12-13, they give you back your car while they wait for the parts to come in (the trans does not need to be removed to diagnose this issue)... it took about 3 weeks for my clutch parts to arrive, but, I was still driving my car during that time frame. Its not going to hurt anything, I mean, you've been driving your car this long with contaminated clutches.... LOL. Time for a new dealer, Ford will not re-imburse them for a rental or loaner while the car sits waiting for parts when the car is perfectly fine to drive in the meantime. I know its not your fault or problem, but, I find it amusing how many dealers keep the customers car for a week or longer waiting for clutch parts when its just one day job, and the dealer should be giving the car back to the customer after the original diagnosis.

#61 ·
No way I'm driving my car. I had the "transmission over heating" warning and burning smell coming from the car. That to me does not sound like car that is road worthy. I drive a 100 miles a day. I'm not getting stranded on the side of the road waiting 2 hours like last time to get a tow in freezing weather. No thank you.

#65 ·
I took mine in on 12/13 for the 3rd time. I explained that the clutch would shudder when starting off, and then after driving about 20 miles highway, or stop and go driving, the clutch would shudder and then slip.

They had the car over the weekend and on Wednesday 12/19 they said my problen had been fixed. The service writer said thay had applied the latest software update and the service tech had driven the car, everything was OK. I explained that software would not repair a slipping clutch, but he said take it and drive it and if it acts up again to return.

The next day I drove to the next town (18 miles away) and upon beginning my return trip, the car began to shudder at take-off. I drove back and went straight to the dealer, and parked it in the service entrance. I entered and advised the service writer that it was shuddering and slipping. He advised the service manager, and told me that the service manager and tech would take it out for a drive to see what was happening.

As they started to take-off from the service entrance, the car shuddered and then the clutch slipped completely not allowing the car to move. They can back in and said they would find a true fix and then gave me a new loaner car.

I returned the followng morning and gave them a copy of the service ticket in this thread that had fixed the problem. I think they have a better understanding of the problem now that they experienced how severe the problem can be.

Thanks for the info.

#68 ·
They got authorization from Ford to replace the "Clutch-Pack", oil seals and actuators. They replaced those parts and car has the same problem.

A Ford Technical Rep has been called to come in and advise on next step. The Dealer wants to replace the entire Transmission. I still have the loaner, but no fix for my car yet.

#72 ·
If they want to take it back and study it, that is fine with me, all they need to do is provide a new transmission and fix the shudder, slipping, loss of power stall, turning itself off when you make a left turn, not wanting to disengage when I pull into the garage, and become trouble-free and reliable.

That would just about meet all my expectations.

May I do have someone's attention, I hope it is Ford.

#73 ·
In response to the OP, that is exactly what the dealer did to mine. Got it back yesterday and no more shuddering or rattling/grinding noise. The dealer was awesome too. No "this is normal" stuff. They new what it was and did not hesitate to replace the clutch. Great group of folks there. Bill Collins Ford in Louisville, KY

#74 ·
After 1 month and 1 day, I finally got my car back today. They worked hard to fix the problem, but Ford was the reason that it took so long. The service tech was only allowed to perform the work authorized by Ford, and they spoon fed the authorizations one part and piece at a time.

I believe they knew exactly what needed to be performed to fix the problem, but were hoping that any one part might do it and save them money.

The clutch pack that was removed, was "blue in color", it had gotten very hot, leaking seals, shift motors stuck, and finally after rebuilding the transmission 3 times, they authorized replacing the transmission.

It drives like new, but then it does have new clutch, transmission and shift motors.

It is good to have it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.