Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ST turbo parts on SE?

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Sonic_HedgeHog 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I am a salesman at a dealership, so I get factory parts very cheap (if anyone needs factory focus parts, pm me and I'll let you know what I can get them for). Anyone know if I could order all the needed turbo parts for an ST and put them on my SE? Before anyone flames me, I do realize that turbocharging a car is more than just bolting on a turbo and pushing the gas... but I would assume that if this works, it should take a lot of fabrication work out of the project anyway. Thoughts?

#4 ·
You'd be better off trading your car in, taking the loss, and buying an ST.

While it's not a completely different engine, as the engine in the ST is based on the same architecture as the n/a 2.0, many other components are different. Pistons, crank, rods, intake, exhaust, cooling system, ECU, etc.

It wouldn't be worth it, and that's if it could even be done without doing a complete engine swap.

#6 ·
yeah, the compression ratios are different. 12:1 NA and 9.3:1 FI . Again, obviously i know that FI is never going to be a simple bolt on. If it were, every kid would have a turbocharged POS on the road. My thought is that it would be easier than any other possible Turbo charging system. Less fabrication and such. I would still have to retune and adjust timings. Feel free to speculate. This wont happen soon by any means, but I may give it a go some day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.