11-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pikesville, MD
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch
FF Reputation: 2
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0
Originally Posted by copernicium112
To receive texts on an iPhone with iOS6 try this (note I did a master reset the night before but don't know that it is necessary):
1) Delete your phone from the car. Delete Sync from your phone.
2) Turn the phone off and on again (just off/on, don't need to reboot the phone). Turn the car off and on again.
** Don't know if the above two are necessary either but I figured why not start "clean".
3) Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it do its thing (phonebook loading, voicemail #, 911 assist, etc.)
4) On your phone, turn BT off. Turn it on again.
5) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.
6) Go into the settings screen for Sync (little arrow to the right of Sync).
7) Set Notifications to "On".
8) Back up a screen and turn BT off again. Turn it back on.
9) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to BT.
Have someone send you a test message and see if it works (did for me). Still can't send messages but I am not done with trying to find a workaround for that one. Who knows? I may be able to, I may not. I should also note that my BT call quality "breakthrough" was noticed after I did this procedure. I am chalking it up to the master reset from the night before but there is always the possibility that this fiddling around with the BT settings had something to do with it.
You forgot to stand on one foot put your finger on head and spin around while saying please