Originally Posted by Stlouis1
Line one is where you are making the mistake.
Resetting the oil life monitoring system
1. Turn the ignition key to the on position. Do not start the engine.
For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the START/STOP button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal. Do not attempt to start the engine.
2. Press both the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time. 3. Keep both pedals
4. After three seconds, the Service: Oil reset in prog. message will be displayed.
5. After 25 seconds, the Service: Oil reset complete message will be displayed.
6. Release both the accelerator and brake pedals.
7. The Service: Oil reset complete message will no longer be displayed.
8. Rotate the key to the off position.
For vehicles with push-button start, press the START/STOP button to turn the vehicle off completely.
I'm doing exactly that. I hold the start button for two seconds, then without releasing it I press both pedals at the exact same time and the engine starts to crank.