Originally Posted by estoyloco
Makes me wonder if this update will actually fix my system.
Can't hurt man. Give it a go. After I first got it installed I was on the fence. Things were quirky. Leaving the dealership I had no volume control over music and sync-lady's voice level. Ran a reboot when I got home and it fixed those issues. It was still quirky though. I finally bit the bullet and did a master reset two nights ago. Since then I have had a breakthrough in call sound quality (but I have only made one call so I have to investigate that further, not ready to state it is consistently better just yet), I can receive texts (and have the system read them) using an iPhone (still can't send any though). Sirius traffic/travel link seems to work better but again, need more extended time to see if this holds true or not. For the first time since 3.0.2 I am able to have fuel prices and traffic on the map working simulataneously. It used to be one or the other. My guess is the dealership should have performed a master reset after installation but did not.
Guess what I am saying is, if you are going to self-install, do a master reset before installation. When installation is complete, do another master reset. Things I've noticed:
- BT definitely seems to play better with the system, more reliable.
- Nav definitely improved.
- Still investigating call quality but after the master reset seems better. Need more time though.
- Sirius seems better but again need more time.
- GPS seems to lock in much faster, used to take 8-10 minutes every morning to lock in but since install it is locking in less than a minute every morning.
- Voice commands for music seem vastly improved (still not quite as good as they were for me w/2.11 but much better than 3.0.2, which totally destroyed them for me).
- Index/voice command building time seems about the same.
4-5 days after the 3.0.2 install I reached the conclusion that I wouldn't wish that "upgrade" on my worst enemy. Besides the loss of features, it just seemed to swap one set of bugs for another. 3.2.2 was a lateral move based on my observations, put temp back on the screen but a lot of the existing problems were still there. 3.5.1 is the first one I can honestly say I would recommend so far. Still playing though!