Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Pairing Two iPhones

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  BLRich1 
#1 ·
Sorry guys, I'm on vacation this week so you might see a lot of dumb posts from me, but I just had a quick question in regards to pairing two iPhones with the Focus.

I have both my phone and my wife's phone added to Sync, but is it true that only one can be paired at any given time if we're both in the car?

So if I only wanted hers to be paired I guess I should disc mine or maybe turn off the BT on my phone?

#2 ·
You are correct, you can have 2 phones attached to the sync system, but only 1 can be active at a time, if you wanted to work off of your wife's phone, you would have to disconnect your phone and then connect hers. Doing this will pair the phone to the system and allow you to access her phone book or something like her iTunes or pandora to listen to music.

#3 ·
iirc you can select which is the primary phone and sync should connect to that phone first.

I have a similar situation, I paired my iPhone and my wifes flip phone. My phone is set to be primary. When we are both in the car Sync connects to my phone. I have turned mine off and it will then pair with her phone.

But turning bluetooth off on your phone would cause her phone to connect to sync.

#6 ·
Here's a tip... you don't have to disable bluetooth on your phone to switch back and forth! In the phone options menu in Sync you will find a command for connecting bluetooth, you can choose which phone to connect to and it wil switch to that phone... I do this all the time with the press of a button or two on the system!

#7 ·
Every version before 3.5.1 will make you go through several sub menus in order to switch paired phones over Bluetooth. Fortunately, update 3.5.1 has addressed this and added 3 LED lights (similar to the radio station preset LEDs) on the Bluetooth Audio button so you can switch paired phones faster. It's a really nice feature so go get 3.5.1!

#8 ·
Ah I figured that is what those were for but I only pair one phone and never really had a chance to test it out for sure. Even though I only have one phone paired though, I have noticed that when I go to BT audio sometimes the first fake led is lit up, sometimes it is the third (haven't seen the second but haven't had a lot of time with the update yet). Not sure if this is normal or not. It works regardless of which one is lit so I am not really concerned but it just seems odd.

#11 ·
Moved to "Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.