Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Good Performance?

4K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  amc49 
#1 · (Edited)
Just did an oil change and used my friends bluetooth obd2 reader for his phone to check the HP AND idling speed (no tach on dash). Got a total of 197 ponies at peak. Normal idle rpms are at 700. This good for stock car?

#3 ·
No boosting lol. Maybe its the new fuel injection from ford? [rofl] Nope everything is completely stock, no mods. Unless the previous owner that i bought it from got a completely different cylider head or something! I was planning on slapping on a short ram intake on their. Oh and I forgot to mention this is with a dirty air filter too [wrenchin]

#5 ·
If its some new fuel injection from ford and its giving you that much power, sign me up!!! Lol

Yea these numbers can't be right. Maybe your car just thinks it has that much power. Haha. Is the OBD reading in some other units?

#6 ·

Your friend's phone is most definitely wrong. I wouldn't trust anything other than an engine/chassis dyno or manufacturer specifications when it comes to power ratings.

Even brand new SVTs only put out 170 crank HP @ 7000 RPM... no way are you making nearly 200 HP at idle on a bone stock engine.

If it's an SPI (I'm assuming it is, since this is the SPI forum), you'd be lucky to make 100 HP at the wheels...

#8 ·
it's impossible I had a 2003 se and it has a 110hp/109torque engine. Takes around 10-11 sec to make a 0 to 60mph.

-----
My 2005 zx5 has a 136hp/132torque engine.. 139-140hp with my mods i'm sure ahah^^
a 2005-2007 ST has a 151hp/153torque engine

#10 ·
it's impossible I had a 2003 se and it has a 110hp/109torque engine. Takes around 10-11 sec to make a 0 to 60mph.

-----
My 2005 zx5 has a 136hp/132torque engine..
a 2005-2007 ST has a 151hp/153torque engine
Well, heres something that can' be cheated. I got to 60 in 8 seconds. SO now its not is this good, but how the hell did this happen and where could i get an accurate dyno reading?

#12 ·
Im driving the ATX so its not just the MTX. Maybe the previous owner modded the crap out of it, wrecked it, got sold in auction, guy sold it not knowing extreme mods, then i profit? Lol i don't see that happening.

Anyways with the test we used we put in 3000 lbs as weight. 2700 for empty car (nearly empty tank too) and in actuality another 450 whouldve been added for the 3 people but we only added 300 just in case. and if its lighter the hp will actually be less... SO

#13 ·
I mean not to call you out on lying, but that just sounds crazy lol. I mean maybe its true i have no clue, ive never dynoed my SPI after the mods, but it definately a lot quicker...I think my best ever 0-60 in my focus was like 6.4 seconds....so my car is definately a lot faster than a stock SPI, and racing people 0-75 (speed limit) on the freeway not many people keep up, either cant drive, or dont have power cause ive beat a few honda's, and even 2 350z's...

#15 ·
If you are using a program like My Mechanic, then its reading what the computer thinks it could be producing, which is complete and utter BS. I tried it for shits and giggles and my SPI thinks its producing over 300 HP as I pick up to highway speed on the ramps. Its a ricers dream program, because trusting it could be considered proof that a sticker on the back window gave you an extra 100 HP.

Only running it on a real dyno will give you real numbers, and if you think paying to an SPI on a dyno is money well spent, have at it.

#18 ·
In all seriousness my sig is misleading, i have more done to it since i updated that, i have bored out intake and exhaust manifolds, gasket matched, 3 angle valve job, dual valve springs, and the "performance chip" is technically an old superchip and tune that my buddy from uti modified to work on my car, but didnt have a better name to put it as lol. All we did was advance the timing some, disable the alt, and switch from 87 to 93 octane. And i only use 1st and 2nd for 0-60, instead of 1st through 3rd. There is no dyno around where I live, but im heading to Philly in January and ill look for a dyno or drag strip then and see if i get some solid results.

#19 ·
I'll see if "My Mechanic" has a snap shot function. It does have a HP meter, but it is taking information from the ECU, which has no real way of measuring HP. I don't how it thinks it is producing such retarded numbers, but I had a good laugh when I saw 300+ HP. If I can get a snap shot I'll post it, just keep in mind I'm not claiming to have that kind of HP.

#21 ·
I would love to see the pic too that would be hilarious. I did the same thing to mine and it said i was making just over 300hp....i died laughing and had to show my brother and his 2012 mustang and tell him "my car has more horsepower" lol. Id be lucky to actually get in the 120 range with it on the dyno, but it was fun for S's and giggles [thumb]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.