Originally Posted by slybarman
If someone is not having specific connectivity issues, is it still worth doing the update?
Sent from my SGH-T889 using FF Mobile
Eh, like anything MFT-related the answer is "it depends". I guess if you are not having any issues whatsoever then probably not. I've had it for four days now and so far I can't see any downside. To put it is perspective, when I went from 2.11 to 3.0.2 within four days I found plenty of downsides, a whole bunch of new bugs. I haven't found anything new and annoying with this version though. Some ofthe ones from 3.0.2 are still unfixed and a bunch of them seem fixed. Not sure if you have Nav or not but for me most of the improvements seem to be on the Nav side so far. Besides some of the ones already mentioned by others I've noticed:
- GPS seems to lock in a lot faster. Used to take 8-10 minutes every morning just to lock on a signal. The past three mornings it has obtained a signal in under a minute.
- Breadcrumbs on the map work again (I never really used these but others were having issues so I tried them out with this version).
- So far Sirius travel link/traffic has been holding up (but that one used to crash after 5-7 days for me so I haven't had this version long enough to know for sure on this one).
- Voice commands for music seem a lot better. Still not as accurate as they were w/2.11 for me but definitely more accurate than 3.0.2.
- Still no street name under the compass on home screen after reset or reboot (but not a biggie as there was, and still is, a workaround for this one).
- BT call quality has not improved.
Still playing around so I don't fully have a handle on this version but like I said, haven't found anything new that is worse, right now it seems like everything is the same or better, for me at least so far.