Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Optimal Braking Performance from Stock Brakes
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #25
Fan#: 11913
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Duratec 08 WRX Hatch

Points 3,753, Level 38
Points: 3,753, Level: 38 Points: 3,753, Level: 38 Points: 3,753, Level: 38
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 23 wrc_fan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Originally Posted by karmakc View Post
A buddy of mine found rear brakes on a focus (he's sure the car isn't an ST or SVT), my guess is that they are advance track rear discs - how much is a reasonable offer to buy them at a pick and pull? And what should be pulled of exactly? The buddy also has a focus and loves wrenching on the car --- he's my go to guy for any work I want to get done on the ride.

Maybe I'll just go with that set up instead of dealing with the rear drums...
Provided that you can't buy the caliper bracket/spindle anymore, if you find a set its well worth your time to pull these off a car if found in a junkyard. I think I paid $150, but the LKQ I go to is kind of a pain. What you pay depends on the person at the checkout.

You need to get at a minimum, the ebrake cables, the soft brakelines, the spindle, the hub, and the caliper. I plan on getting new pads, rotors and wheel bearings when I get around to installing these. I think that's everything. The dust shields are optional too. The junkyard I got my set from was nice enough to use these to hold the car up at some point, so they weren't an option for me.
Parking Lot Hero
2008 WRX daily driver
2003 ZX3 23D Autox Car 42 FSP

"Hella Functional - Raced, Not Hard Parked"