Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Trubendz 3 Inche Exhaust

4K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  StephenElsbree1986 
#1 ·
Looking to purchase this went searching on youtube, but there was non svts, and the a SVT with 2.5 Mangaflows. I was woundering if anyone here could really tell a diffrences between the Borla Manga and Flowmaster. I'm partial to the Flowmasters but I know Borla a good company also, so if anyone out here has a 3 inch set up let me know also thinking about the 3flex and maybe a ORP and just swap in my HFC for Inspections.

#2 ·
Go for it!!! There are a few people around here running 3" cat backs around here (including flex pipe) I think it was Tom who posted some time ago about the gains to be had from a 3" flex back and flex pipe. I don't remember what the gains were off the top of my head, but they were noticeable and worth it. If I had the money I would definitely be adding a 3" ORP back, but alas I am mostly broke..

The stock flex pipe is a major pinch point, it was smaller than the tubing on the rest of the SVT exhaust setup.

woot to post #69. I like that number, 69. It's just such a pleasurable number. [woot][headbang]

#17 ·
Nuff said. My trubendz couldn't be connected with clamps cus the pipes would not slip into one another. Brought to exhaust shop to install and turns out exhaust too short to connect with clamps, so I had to have it welded. Exhaust tip sticks out way too far. Mine sounds good but that's about it. The fitment is soo bad it rattles off the car. This is a real piece. Never again.

#10 ·
I heard a 2.5 with cat wasn't sure if it was hfc or stock and it sounded like the throaty Flowmaster sound but followed up by the rasping 4cylinder not sure if I liked it much, my friends and I are all Flowmaster American Thunder on our fox bodys and it just sounds great not sureon the SVT though. It'd be 3"Flex CFM ORP and Trubendz 3" Flowmaster not sure if I want that before or after my Turbo, probably after since that will be around 800+ which I can put to the turbo first

#11 ·
I have the 44 series on my cougar with no cats, I love it. My friend put the same on his 08 Scion xB and it sounds pretty good actually. I can't stand the tinny weed whacker sound that comes out of most 4 cylinders with exhausts. Even the borla on the SVT I don't like.

#16 ·
I have a SVT turbo with a 2.5" stainless trubends with a magnaflow and stock cat and it is QUIET (no resinator). It is a bit louder than the stock, but it has a lower more distinctive sound. I didn't want something too loud and this is almost perfect...could be just a tiny bit louder, but still sounds great. A 3" with a turbo and no cat would probably be a real nice sound. A resinator could be added if it is too loud..

#18 ·
Trubends never gave me a problem when I purchased it and had a muffler shop install it. I bought the piping and the exhaust shop installed mufflers, hangers and welded it all together for under $100 IIRC.

Matt

#20 ·
borla is louder then stock quieter then the other options you list, I have a 3” trubendz with 2 borla mufflers and HFC on my track car and it found it to be pretty loud, but it not a dally driver so it not such a big deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.