I've done a lot of these t-belts.
1. The tensioner is not adjusted correctly......at all, not even close. Pointer goes inside the little wrench on the tensioner.
2. The belt is toast. Replace it.
3. Drop me an pm with your email address and I'll send you the section 303 manual from Ford on how to do this PROPERLY.
4. If a shop did this, take it back.
5. Hopefully you had your water pump changed when the belt was changed.
"It's the Veteran who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag."
Midwest crew #36
January 2010 ROTM