Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Is this a good deal?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  SVT513 
#1 ·
Hello all new to the svt community just wondering if this 2003 svt focus was a good buy. It has 56,000 miles on it and could easily get it for 7,000. I realize I should get the timing belt changed but other than that it looks promising. What do you guys think?

http://www.cincinnatiusedautosales....9b5/2003+ford+focus+svt+2-door+hatchback.html

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Looks like it has an AEM intake also. Thanks for the answers.

Lloyd30

#2 ·
Link doesn't work for me.

#3 ·
why does every svt focus for sale on the internets NOT have all of the engine/engine bay covers?! Pisses me off!

And the paint on the wheels....

looks decent btw. The used car market is a sellers world right now, but $6500 might be in the realm of reality as well.

Also, I bought mine with 60k miles in 09 for $7200 and very very well maintained.

#4 ·
To answer your question, no it's not a good deal. I recently saw a mint blue 2003 SVT EAP, one owner Florida car, all stock with 32,000 miles on the odometer for $7,300.

The front bumper is separating, the rotors appear worn, someone f-ed up the wheels, the engine panels covers are missing. It looks like it was owned by a hood rat.

Keep looking.

#5 ·
I was skeptical about the ugly wheels and the missing parts it looks to me like who ever owned it might have ran it hard. I just can't seem to find one with better miles. There is another on with 118,000 on it asking for 6,500 which definitely isn't happening but it looked to be better maintained. I'll leave the post on it . Thanks for the reply's they help!!!

http://www.cincinnatiusedautosales....9b5/2003+ford+focus+svt+2-door+hatchback.html

Lloyd 30

#7 ·
Also, just letting you know- that dealership always has SVT's with hidden secrets. Last year when i was looking for a Cincinnati SVT- these guys had a black SVT 5 door with a list of secrets. (jacked up suspension with broken coils & previous owner hack job wiring) I would suggest moving on from those guys.

When i bought my SVT- i was stupid novice and didnt know what to look for and got too excited...ending up with a SVT from a private seller in Newport...2 thousand dollars later...all done with fixing their mistakes and hack jobs.

I'd be happy to help you out here locally if you'd like. I know my way around these bad boys.

#9 ·
I'd look for an st if you're looking to spend 7k. the svt is a nice car, but its slow in comparison to new cars. I got spanked by an old man in a V6 Malibu 3 days ago... Look for anything with a 2.0 or 2.3 duratec. they are better platforms and you can actually get decent power from them.

always check the carfax. would have saved me from buying the svt in my driveway that was previously totalled.

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.