Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Swapping a 3rd gen into a 2nd gen?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  PowerFocer 
#1 ·
Hear me out. We have a pretty good aftermarket (mostly from the 1.5 gen cars), but it seems like the new focus has started a whole new level of popularity, and in turn, already has a huge aftermarket. Now we can swap in a 2.3L and boost it for great power/torque, but for those that aren't going to spend $10K in a built and boosted motor I think a ti-vct motor swapped into our car could provide for a greater level of readily available aftermarket parts.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the ti-vct is essentially a duratec with direct injection and variable cam timing (Hence the name), so theoretically it should be a fairly easy swap. Motor, wiring harness, and ecu and you should be good to go. Theoretically of course. Its probably much more involved.

Especially if you swap in an ST motor with some minor bolt ons it would be a cheaper way of attaining 300hp+. A brand new motor probably wouldn't be cost effective, but given some time I'm sure the market will be flooded with used ones.

What do you think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.