Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Front wipers issue

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sailor 
#1 ·
Hey everyone

So when I flip on my wipers to intermittent wipe, they seem to work fine unless I'm traveling highway speeds, at which point the wind will push them back up the window. Also, when I use the mist (single wipe) I have to hold the stalk until the wipers return to the home position, otherwise they stop mid wipe.

What needs to be fixed? Motor, switch or wiring?

2004 zx5 w/ zetec

Thanks

#2 ·
you need a new relay, If i recall correctly its in position R19 under the dash, break out the owners manual, and find that relay and then get the number off of it, cost around $10 at the dealer and its a dealer only part.

#3 ·
X2 - that solved my issue when they wouldn't always park right or stopped in intermittent part way through....

You need that old relay for the part number because the dealer parts list doesn't specify what each relay is for (silly, I know).

I found the part number on an old thread here so I could buy one B4 reaching in there to replace it - the description of taking the dash apart for access wasn't necessary for me, I just used a long needle nose pliers to carefully reach in there (it's WAY back in) and exchange them (saved my big hands from scrapes reaching through the small hole).

If search doesn't find that thread for you so you can read it for yourself, post back & I'll look for the reference....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.