Originally Posted by TboneZX3
I just performed the procedure, and I think you might be onto something Zillon. It's not quite cold enough here right now to be sure, but my initial impression is positive. I will report back with more definite feedback after a cold morning drive.
This procedure is simple, and should be easy for anyone who has even minor wrench-turning experience and a torque wrench. The only difficulty I encountered was removing the wiper arms. No amount of wiggling is going to get mine loose. However, it is not a necessity--the cowl cover can be slid up over the arms and out of the way while the arms are in a nearly vertical position. If I do the procedure again, I will be sure to have a puller on hand.
I did the same thing this morning. I didn't remove the wiper arms or upper cowl, just slid a deep-well under it to do the work. Unfortunately, I didn't have perfect results but I can assure you that it is much, much better. Idk if putting 10k on the mounts being incorrectly aligned may have caused an issue, but I am going to end up replacing some parts anyways and maybe even trying the procedure again in 1k miles.
Before doing this, my front end sounded like it was going to literally fall apart on both sides (with the right being much worse). Now, the left clunk is gone and the right sounds like it did at about rhe 2k mile mark. I will probably drop both struts after trying this again and retorque the strut nut if the next attempt doesn't resolve it.
Hopefully this yields positive results on more vehicles. Thanks again for doing the leg-work, Zack