eggyolk>> Yea, you bet!! I am gonna have a blast with this project!! The thing is, other focus owners mod their car for fun or for a weekend thing. With me, it's different because I'm gonna be really focused on this project, it will be fun too but it will be a project for me.
zx3matt>> I know that the focus can get alot of it's power from the intake manifold, I'm just not sure what kind of intake manifold I'm gonna go with, most likely it will be the Ford Racing one. The thing with the MAF is this....(read the part in bold)
Features & Benefits of the Pectel plug and play kit
* Pectel unit assumes 100% control of fuel and ignition parameters including rev limits
* Stock ECU remains connected to allow normal dash & auxiliary functions
* Eliminates stock mass air flow meter and uses MAP or TPS inputs
* Ability to control voltage regulated pump on Focus returnless fuel system
* Can be switched back to stock ECU control in 5 minutes (following initial installation of 2 hrs)
* PC serial link for real time calibration changes & data downloads
* User configurable Data Logging on all engine channels
* Diagnostic / errors window for engine sensor inputs
* Digital dash display interface capability built in
* Barometric pressure and battery voltage sensors fitted internally
and instead of comp cams, I'll be getting custom camshafts so they are matched to the performance I want. I'll have to go over with Walter on that though.